Knocking noise from n/s/f

Hi everyone I’ve been having an on going knocking issue from my my16 t6 for a while now. While it was in for service at VW they noticed my n/s/f damper was wet and had failed. I had this replaced on my extended warranty I run 30mm eibach springs and have done since new. I’ve been back a few times for the noise it sounds like something is clunking/ loose I have a few days where it disappears then it comes back the dealership can’t seem to find anything so I’ve taken it upon myself to try and sort it’s doing my head in I’ve checked for any play in the wheel side to side up and down. They top bout bolt looks tight. Is there anybody that has issues with the arb bushes? The vans done 96k and mainly a and B roads

I usually just use a pry bar to see if I can identify the problem, then change them. I suppose you could disconnect at the ARB and secure the drop link so that it can't get tangled up with anything, then drive a short distance and see if the noise stops.
You've had the dealer look at this, surely drop links would be one of the first things they would have checked?

Ye they said they have checked everything but can’t hear the noise! But it’s that bad it sounds like something is going to fall off it’s not always been there. Feels like they are trying to fob me off. I don’t have access to a proper ramp just a trolly jack and axle stands

I would be doing something similar to dave. jack the corner up, get some different sized pry bars and see if you can get ANY part of the running gear/susupension that has rubbers the move in its housing. got a knock on an old beater merc and one bush on the front wishbone (it has front rear, normal oldie german stuff) is shot. but, you dont hear it all the time, only if you hit cettina bumbs, in certain ways.
The hard thing to check is top mount.

Failing that, is it under hard braking? im currently figuring out an issue on mine - something was done last time it was at dealers that made it better but it hasnt gone away, so, on the right tracks.....

Back