Kiravans RIB drivers swivel lowest seat height

nomislotsirb

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I did post on an existing thread, but haven't received a reply yet, so creating a new post ...

If anyone has a Kiravans RIB drivers swivel seat, please could you measure the minimum height of the front of the drivers seat. I have the Kiravans passenger swivel installed and yet to install the drivers side. My seat is currently 41cm, so would be interested to know if I can get near that, after trimming seat plastics.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi
i have the offset swivel, they sqeak a bit when on bumpy roads.
my wife likes the seat low.
it seems that even with plastic cut off the seat is effectively taller than before.
we seem to have a working solution. Lowest height when she drives, raise it up 3 pumps ahead of rotation then drop it down when in ‘social’ position.
also we found we wanted to lock the seats once rotated, this helps climbing into pop top, and generally more secure.
Locking modification now done, will post image once I next rotate one of the seats.

@nomislotsirb - the lowest setting looks to be a touch over 44cm with my RIB Offset driver swivel.

@PB-T6 - the squeaking on both of my swivels drove me nuts for months. After trying a few things to cure it I eventually greased each of the bits that slide into place and make a physical connection just as the seat locks in the forward position. No more creaking or squeaking since; so much better!

@nomislotsirb - the lowest setting looks to be a touch over 44cm with my RIB Offset driver swivel.

@PB-T6 - the squeaking on both of my swivels drove me nuts for months. After trying a few things to cure it I eventually greased each of the bits that slide into place and make a physical connection just as the seat locks in the forward position. No more creaking or squeaking since; so much better!
Many thanks @mlh677, I'll crank my seat up to that height and see how that feels.

I did post on an existing thread, but haven't received a reply yet, so creating a new post ...

If anyone has a Kiravans RIB drivers swivel seat, please could you measure the minimum height of the front of the drivers seat. I have the Kiravans passenger swivel installed and yet to install the drivers side. My seat is currently 41cm, so would be interested to know if I can get near that, after trimming seat plastics.

Many thanks in advance.
My seat is fully down with the Kiravans base (RIB VW T5/T6 Single Seat Swivel - Offset Driver (Right Hand Drive)) and is 43cm. That's with the plastics trimmed for the swivel handle.

@Tim Sparkes with regarding the trimming the plastic ? how did you do yours ? I was wondering if removing enough plastic material around the lever to allow the seat to fully lower , was the way to go , cheers

Back