Kiravans Or Exploria Swivel Seats

Ononimus

Hi guys,
we have just got our first van (waiting to collect it this week!) and are new to van life (cannot wait) and the forum.
I saw a similar discussion over a year ago so hope it is not a problem reigniting the issue.
We are looking to get some swivel bases to our front captain seats. We have narrowed it down to two: Kiravans (offset) or Exploria (more expensive).
Some people report that the Kiravans are squeaky and there is not much around about the Exploria ones. Any experience from anyone who has fitted any of those recently?
Also, any ideas about fitting a removable table (we have twin sliding doors and cannot fit it on either side)?
Cheers!

I did have Kiravans in my T5 and they were great, no wobbling or squeaking, Not that recent though, they were in 2014/5 until I sold the van.

That’s my next job so equally interested, although I have a bench seat in the front.

Sportscraft are another brand which comes up often.

Got the kiravans one on the passenger side. The “offset” bit is a nice touch.
No squeaking or creaking. Also it does not add as much to the base height of the seat as Althea sportscraft one does.
Don’t know anything about the Exploria ones, or who manufacturers them.
The kiravans items are Scopema. As soon as they get any stock back in, they are sold out. Possibly the most popular brand on the market at the mo.

Thank you all for your replies so far. Just went through Kiravans' FAQs and saw this one. Does this mean that the handbrake will need to be always disengaged when the driver seat is around? I was thinking of going for two offset seats but I might do offset and drivers' not?

Should I choose offset or non-offset?

If you’ve watched the video below then basically if you have a single seat we suggest offsets but both will do the job. If you have a double passenger then we strongly suggest going with a NON-offset. One last thing to consider is with the offset swivels you will need to disengage the handbrake when the swivel is facing backward.

I have the kiravans double passenger swivel. It's stupidly high. I'm only 5'5'' so I have no clue how taller folk (like pretty much everyone!) cope with it. My head is a free mm from the roof.

Hi I have the exploria swivels ,good quality no squeaks or rattles .
Easy to turn ,after a few go's you get used to where they need to be for the best turn .

I fitted a Kiravans offset swivel on the passenger which did squeak until I greased the base in several places. It does rock a bit and is no way as solid as a static fitting. This is fine for the passenger but I could not put up with it while driving.

Any suggestion for a more solid swivel seat greatly received.

Thanks for all the responses. I am a bit worried about the rocking of the swivel base as I am intending to install them in both an driver and passenger seats. Anyone else has experienced the rocking? Cheers

Thanks for all the responses. I am a bit worried about the rocking of the swivel base as I am intending to install them in both an driver and passenger seats. Anyone else has experienced the rocking? Cheers
I have exploria swivels on both seats ,no rocking or movement .

Had kiravans fitted Saturday on bench seat, absolutely spot on, no squeaking or rocking, but neede front holes drilling out a couple of mill due to alignment.. well pleased with them

Kiravans for me too. No squeaking or rocking. Height doesn’t seem to be an issue for me either and I’m 6ft 2” (think I must slouch a little)

Kiravans for me too. No squeaking or rocking. Height doesn’t seem to be an issue for me either and I’m 6ft 2” (think I must slouch a little)
Yes u can get a lower seat base for bench seat, on eBay from Gordon, Vankraft... keeps levels as oem

I’ve just removed my Kiravans double seat swivel after 3 months ( impressed with it and shortly in the for sale section;)) as I’m in the process of fitting Audi seats, I’ve bought the swivel seat with a safe in the base, again Kiravans. It’s solid as a rock, impressed with the rigidity.

The only complaint is the handle to release is close to base and easy to trap the old pinkies :x3:. Everything i’ve bought from Kiravans I’ve been happy with although it’s a pain to try and get through and speak to people about products if you have questions.

I fitted a Kiravans offset swivel on the passenger which did squeak until I greased the base in several places. It does rock a bit and is no way as solid as........

Any suggestion for a more solid swivel seat greatly received.

Working currently on an after market stabiliser for the Kiravans swivel, watch this space

I have the kiravans twin swivel and had no issues, I do get acbit of knodkikn sometimes if not screwed down equally. They have also just released a new replacement screw for some reason, it would be interesting to know if they are on the latest models.

I have Sportscraft swivel bases. All I can say is that I have no issues with them whatsoever and definitely no rocking or wobbling. They’re made in Germany I believe.

Kiravans seat swivels today, not impressed. You need to buy plastic shims to raise it so it can clear the handbrake. When I ask them they said it was to raise the seat for a leisure battery. Pretty pointless seat swivel with out them and they charge an extra £30 for the shins for the seat to be able to work. In total it will raise 43mm which is to much for me as I am 6’3”, any suggestions?

When I looked at trying to swivel the drivers seat I considered making a bracket to move the handbrake a few inches more to the centre. Have you had a look at the genuine VW campers at a showroom to see how they get around it?

Back