Just wondering.... breakdowns on trips?

mackmaya

Just wondering if anybody has actually gone away on a camping trip and have had nothing go wrong with their van....as in anything, ie... warning lights at Blue issues DPF issues etc....Cheers.

Odd post, but I’ll bite.

I’ve only had the egr pipe split so far in 2 years, otherwise utterly reliable.

Odd post, but I’ll bite.

I’ve only had the egr pipe split so far in 2 years, otherwise utterly reliable.
It's just that's all I seem to hear and see is lots of problems with the t6s, just been away and on our way to Wales had an AdBlue issue, turns out it was just to sensor not picking up AdBlue in the tank and it cleared itself after 50 miles, put a bit of a downer on the trip though...

I guess we only gripe when things go belly up .....

I've probably put the kiss of death on my van now !!!

Last edited:
It's just it seems I'm constantly waiting for it to go wrong, really can't be bothered with that, it's only done 18k, may just get rid I think....shame.

Yeah, flawless so far here, though I've caused an airbag warning light by fannying about with seating.

Last edited:
I’ve only owned mine since Jan this year but have done France top to bottom twice and a few UK camping trips with no issues. As others have said you will hear the posts about problems but mostly they are reliable.

Keep driving yours and just enjoy it without worrying; if a mechanical issue develops worrying will certainly not help.

Three and a half years, 19000 miles all over UK and Europe, no problems, no engine lights, no adblue issues other than topping it up. Completely trouble free campervan so far.

Just completed a 5000km trip in outback Queensland. At times the roads into remote areas were badly corrugated. As the vehicle had only done 9000kms at the start I was a little apprehensive. However, no problems at all including no dust entry!

I've done 10K miles in the year since I got mine, no issues at all. No warning lights, nothing. It hasn't put a foot wrong.
Nobody posts, "I need some advice, I've just notched up another week of using my T6 without any issues".
Go on any of the other manufacturers owners forums, people post when they want advice, usually when they have a problem with their vehicle, that's the nature of forums, it doesn't mean their vehicles are inherently unreliable.
A friend of mine owns an independent garage, he has various brands of cars in with EGR / DPF related problems every day, these issues are not specific to VW.

Back