I've picked up my first car park scratch ahh

andythom188

Electrician
T6 Legend
IMG_1907.JPG took the van to the cinema last night and car park was busy come to wash the van today and noticed a scratch on drivers wing and carrying onto the door for f##ks sake:mad: hopfully it will polish out, people have no respect for other people's vehicles

Should poilsh out mate.
I am lucky in that way i use the wife disabled badge, big spaces built especially for the bus :sneaky:

I park in two spaces.. delibratly park just over the line to make it too tight to park next to me.. naughty I know! But this is only done if there are PLENTY of other spaces.. failing that I have the kids seats in for food shop and the bigger bays...

Figures crossed mate it will come out (the scratch:whistle:)

probably someone walking between the vehicles and being rather careless with a coat zip or handbag. Doesn't look deep enough to have been a trolley.
Regardless, It's still a sh*t. I thought I was annoyed due to the puddles if water in the back due to leaking side windows. Had to drive up the M40 again today in the rain spray, also reckon the slide door seal is not sealing - lots of wetness on the door carpet on the trailing edge towards the bottom, also wet on the rear of the door shut on the inside of the seal.

I park in two spaces.. delibratly park just over the line to make it too tight to park next to me.. naughty I know! But this is only done if there are PLENTY of other spaces.. failing that I have the kids seats in for food shop and the bigger bays...

Figures crossed mate it will come out (the scratch:whistle:)
Someone has squeezed past it i think and could be a zip off coat maybe

probably someone walking between the vehicles and being rather careless with a coat zip or handbag. Doesn't look deep enough to have been a trolley.
Regardless, It's still a sh*t. I thought I was annoyed due to the puddles if water in the back due to leaking side windows. Had to drive up the M40 again today in the rain spray, also reckon the slide door seal is not sealing - lots of wetness on the door carpet on the trailing edge towards the bottom, also wet on the rear of the door shut on the inside of the seal.
Yeah this is what I think coat zip I will try polish it out in the week if I get time, these side windows are crap

Should poilsh out mate.
I am lucky in that way i use the wife disabled badge, big spaces built especially for the bus :sneaky:
We carnt get the blue badge for our Charlie till he is 5 so another 22 months to park over 2 parking spaces I think , I don't care if I get put on one of them parking like a c##t sites the van cost to much money to be ruined by careless people

Narrow lanes plus wide van = not good.
Can't help but pick up the odd scratch; some hand polish out but I am considering teaching myself to machine polish as the guys that do it around here all seem to be psychos.

We carnt get the blue badge for our Charlie till he is 5 so another 22 months to park over 2 parking spaces I think , I don't care if I get put on one of them parking like a c##t sites the van cost to much money to be ruined by careless people

Total agree Andy, some people have no consideration at all!

Shame you have to wait for a badge to help with the care of your son , dont seem fair to me that.

Narrow lanes plus wide van = not good.
Can't help but pick up the odd scratch; some hand polish out but I am considering teaching myself to machine polish as the guys that do it around here all seem to be psychos.
I've machine polished my old t4 but the t6 cost a bit more so bit nervous doing it without being shown how to do it properly , I do have friends who work in body shops should ask them

I've machine polished my old t4 but the t6 cost a bit more so bit nervous doing it without being shown how to do it properly , I do have friends who work in body shops should ask them
Seems the best way is to practise on an old panel from a scrapyard but there's definitely a risk of really mucking it up! Plus the proper kit is expensive. Hmmmm...

The body shop guy that taught me, always said it was the heat build up that killed the paint and burnt through it, so his tip was to keep the mop head damp (using a water spray bottle periodically) and not holding the mop in the same place for very long. Sure Ratty the pro will be able to put us straight.

Try Meguiars ultimate compound on that. If it's still visible you may need to lightly wet sand with 3000 grit wet and dry if it's only in the clear coat, then return to the Meguiars to finish.

Try Meguiars ultimate compound on that. If it's still visible you may need to lightly wet sand with 3000 grit wet and dry if it's only in the clear coat, then return to the Meguiars to finish.
Wet sanding = much bravery needed!!

Back