Poor paintwork

BortVan

Hello Everyone. Love this forum. I picked up my new 2022 plate Transporter 6.1 SWB PV 4 weeks ago. I’d been reading the forum for a couple of years before I took delivery and was very excited to start enjoying my new van. Alas this has been diminished by the whole Van Centre buying experience. Handover was in a gloomy corner of the workshop. When I pointed to dirt dripping down the front windscreen the salesman and the ‘valleter’ (and I use that term very loosely) jumped into action and both started to rub away the dirt (OMG). As soon as I arrived home I noticed from an upstairs window that the whole van roof was dirty. After closer inspection in daylight I’ve found numerous noticeable scratches on the tailgate, on the roof, wing mirror and doors. I had to take it off road for a week before I could clean the car properly and assess this damage. I think it was all because of poor vehicle prep at the van centre. I went back to the Van Centre for an independent detailing outfit to rectify the damage. I was expecting it to be pristine after this was done. I guess it looked OK’ish but still visible. Then it rained last night and the scratches are back. Do I just live with it or escalate my complaint? The whole experience has been a PITA rather than enjoyable. Who should I complain to if I escalate? Your advice will be greatly appreciated

I would get in touch with Trading Standards, they should be all over it, and they can put him/the business up in front of a judge if it’s a clear case of miss selling or not fit for purpose, catalogue everything you have. Good luck this was for Kevwkevw

Back