Isofix retrofit for rear bench seat?

LouisBalodis

T6 Pro
Just had a bench seat fitted into the rear of my transporter (6.1), see image. The seat is a genuine VW par but unfortunately it doesn't have any isofix anchors. Can anyone guide me in the direction of any aftermarket options that will work with this bench? I was a little disappointed as I asked more than once to check it had isofix but alas - no isofix and now all fully finished and installed.

Surely there is something available but any help much appreciated!

Louis

IMG_6118.jpg

Just had a bench seat fitted into the rear of my transporter (6.1), see image. The seat is a genuine VW par but unfortunately it doesn't have any isofix anchors. Can anyone guide me in the direction of any aftermarket options that will work with this bench? I was a little disappointed as I asked more than once to check it had isofix but alas - no isofix and now all fully finished and installed.

Surely there is something available but any help much appreciated!

Louis

View attachment 139549
I would go back to whoever supplied it as it is not fit for for the purpose sold if you specified isofix as a requirement.

3 seat benches can come with and without isofix.

Ask them to supply what you asked for. It's a simple swap out for another bench.

Really? Do you have a link to any? Thankfully the current seat has a super swift clip in clip out system so wouldn’t be hard to swap

Offhand I don't have any links to give you, but a quick glance at eBay shows many 3 seat benches. The link below was the first one that came with isofix.

You could always call around camper conversion companies as they usually have spare seats, fittings and trim from standard vans they have stripped to convert.

T5 Cotswold on eBay (also can buy outside of eBay) seem to hold a lot of seats. I've seen people talk highly of them on this forum before.

My 3 seat bench with isofix came from Bognor Motors who supplied the bench and fitted new fixings for the seat also.

Good luck with your hunt.

Back