Is tyre Load Rating important?

Road Vehicle (Construction and Use) Regs 1986, section 25.

Best of luck.

Warning:- DO NOT Google if your prone to migraines or have an inquisitive, questioning, what if, how about......your having a canary aren't you,.....mind.

t32 does not get bigger brakes as standard

I believe it is only the 180ps and 204ps derivatives of the T32 that get the bigger brakes as standard.
I have the bigger brakes on my 150ps 4Motion T32 but did not spec them. I was told by the salesman that they were standard on T32’s but I didn’t investigate any further as I wasn’t worried one way or the other

@AmyB.
In all seriousness, this is a great forum where 99.9% of the time commentary remains respectful, so don’t let this ruin it for you. I appreciate that you were asking the question because you were not sure, however there have been folks come on here before saying the same thing, quite happy to flaunt the law. What happens, is that as a bunch of vehicle nuts, that sort of thing is like red rag to a bull. Clearly there has been a miss-interpretation, which is extremely easy when considering the written word.
You will find so much help and advice across these pages and from our 1,000’s of members don’t let this event compromise your enjoyment. If it will help at all, then please feel free to drop me a private message using the inbox function, and i’ll happily tell you what I know in answering your questions about tyres and wheels. If I can help with any other questions you may have then i’ll offer what I can; albeit don’t ask me whether Noddy’s car was red with yellow doors, or yellow with red doors, because I can never remember!;)
Thank you... Might stick around

In all seriousness it was an honest question and now I know the answer, in no uncertain terms. I’m definitely not one of those types that try to ‘get away with it’!

Hmmm, maybe I shouldn’t have brought up colour!! As the proud owner of... an indium grey van

Thank you... Might stick around

In all seriousness it was an honest question and now I know the answer, in no uncertain terms. I’m definitely not one of those types that try to ‘get away with it’!

Hmmm, maybe I shouldn’t have brought up colour!! As the proud owner of... an indium grey van
Nothing wrong with indium grey, it's just not as nice as Oryx white ....which I may add is the best colour,....... better than black, red, blue, bamboo green, chrome yellow, the other yellow and of course standard white and any other colour in the VW range :rofl:

That’s a decision only you can make. If asking should you break the law, then no. It’s like speed limits; you could break them all day every day and get away with it, however have an accident whilst breaking the speed limit - it’s probably not going to end well for you.
I understand what you are saying; I have a T32 which is a family vehicle, doesn’t carry loads anywhere near its maximum payload, but wouldn't run lower than a 103 tyre. If you want to go lower rated tyres and wheels, then do it legally and have SV Tech do the paperwork necessary to legally lower your axle ratings.
This is 100% the best response to this post imo; There are many motorhome drivers who down rate their vehicles axel/GVW to meet European road regs / UK Age related driving licence matters; There are also many trades men who overload their vans every day. This is a proper subject that is entitled to a considered response imo.

Back