Is this Kombi worth the advertised price?

Lucror75

Morning all,

I’m new the transporter world, I have been after a kombi van for sometime and the time has finally arrived.

I need a little help with cost and what to expect to pay for a VW T6 140 Highline Kombi Tailgate, 2016 (factory model)

2 x captain seats (swivel bases) and 1 x 3 in the back

43k miles with full VW history with VW Sportline pack, sportline front bumper, rear spoiler and sport line lowering springs.

Any help would be appreciated - I will have a look on the forum for any for sale sections too.

With that information it could be a £15k or a £25k van. Have you got a link to the ad?

I don’t, it’s a friends neighbours van. It’s up for £25k - I don’t know enough about them to know if that’s overpriced or accurate. Will arrange to go look at it (at distance from another human of course!)

I don’t, it’s a friends neighbours van. It’s up for £25k - I don’t know enough about them to know if that’s overpriced or accurate. Will arrange to go look at it (at distance from another human of course!)
That seems like too much money for the spec you’ve listed. Does it have any of the following?
1. LED headlights
2. LED rear lights
3. Comfort dash
4. Any interior mods such as sound proofing, insulation, carpeted, leather seats.
5. At 4 years old you’ll want to make sure the cam belt has been done as part of the service history.
£25k for a standard sport line van from a private seller is a lot.
The 140 engine is the older EU5 engine, it was replaced by the EU6 150 later in 2016 which is slightly quieter and more refined. Not a problem, just not as desirable as the later engine so usually go for less money.

Oh, a few other options that I forgot to mention:
Are those captains seats heated?
Does it have electric tailgate?
Electric sliding doors?
Power latching tailgate?
Discover media Sat Nav?
For that price it has to be a massive spec, all options boxes ticked!

I bought a 65 plate highline factory kombi 140, when it was just 3 yrs old, 30k, captains seats, factory satnav and sunroof ect. I paid £22,250 inc. vat

Way over priced, buyers market , tons of vans little selling watch prices fall like stones. They already are

was your van marketed on eBay? Auto trader?
Where is the best place to look for one
found it on autotrader, I've learnt, through experience, that if you see the right van you just gotta act fast cos the nice ones go quick, too many times I've rung up and they sold the day or so before. you gotta check every day for new ads.

Looking at getting back in a T6. I sold my one in March last year and got £5k more than I paid for it 2.5 years earlier but to this day I wish I had kept it because now I want another one but they are stupid money.

Anyhoo…

I‘ve seen a 2018 Kombi Edition DSG in white with just shy of 30k miles on it. Is this likely to command a premium over a similar age/mileage DSG Highline?

Thanks

I used to have an Edition. It comes standard with LEDs, sat nav, CarPlay, reversing camera, black mirrors and roof and nicer alloys. I think it may have power latching tailgate and sliders. I had full electric on mine so not sure.
Compare that to any Highline to see if it has the same spec.

Have a look at the sold vans, there was an Edition up for sale recently. I had a Highline kombi fs, so I was keeping an eye out for pricing.

Viewed this previously and the dealers been in contact to say some of the scuffs in the back have been worked on.

What’s peoples view on the price/condition and what should I look out for?

5-year old van with 80k on the clock. It’s 4wd - £40k. Not too bad a price. May not have AdBlue so could be liable for ULEZ charges.

I’d check out how well it has been insulated. Adding a pop top will cost about £5k

How long is it since you last viewed it ?
Ask yourself why the dealer felt they needed to contact you - could be a reason for it not selling.

Pete

Back