Is this Engine noise normal?

sipep

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi.

First weekend with the t6. There is a more of clicking noise from one side of the engine. I maybe over worried, but trying to make sure the van is a good one as I have warranty from VW. The seems to be coming from the area in the picture below.

PXL_20230806_110401928.jpg

That’s the inlet to the charge air cooler. Impossible to diagnose without any noise to listen to

Just paid for my forum membership, so I maybe able to upload a video, ATM it's not letting me upload a 15 second video

I've put it on YouTube, its strange my phone (pixel 7) seems to be thinking it's background noise and making it quieter, but there a few short moments you can hear it properly

I've put it on YouTube, its strange my phone (pixel 7) seems to be thinking it's background noise and making it quieter, but there a few short moments you can hear it properly

When you crank your engine does it start instantly?

My T6 is making the same noise and I'm asking myself if this is OK or not. Engine start is fine without any issues and no errors in VCDS.

Can't hear the engine properly, as the talking is far louder, and the phone used is then turning the volume level down for a few seconds after the talking.

Back