Is The 102 Bhp Really Powerful Enough

I have a T30 102ps, its a fully loaded camper but it has no poptop , its way fast enough to keep up with all traffic and manages all the steep hills locally and the ones I drive in Cornwall without an issue.
I was looking to remap it but tbh its fine as it is so will wait until my warranty is up before I consider more power but the more i drive the more its less of a priority.

102hp is far to low if you're going to tow something heavy. My 1600kg trailer and car limited speed to just over 40mph on motorway hills.
My old T5 with 130hp and 5cylinders of torque towed the trailer easily. I've had a 204hp remap done which helps, but it still feels like 140hp. I've not put it on a dyno to check, but it certainly isn't 204hp.

You are not far from Hillside leisure in Derby - they would happily source a van and convert to one of their standard offerings - either brand new from stock or factory order or pre owned.

We got rid of our caravan for the same reason but we hired a camper van first to make sure we could live with it. The hire van was a 102 and was adequate for normal driving but lacked for overtaking and motorway acceleration so we decided on the 150 but ended up with the 204 due to what was available. Absolutely love the extra power and wouldn’t change but my advice would be to test drive them to see what suits your likes. There are remaps out there as well to up the power if that’s your thing.
We have just booked a couple of days next week in a hired T6 so we can also try and get a feel for it.
I’m quite looking forward to it.

Back