Is It A Rear Parcel Shelf Or Bed

elliot330

Got to love this forum, so much infomation to be had thank you Mr T6 forum owner and the Admin who run it.

I needed a parcel shelf that would cover my tools and stop then being seen from outside, but it also need to allow me access to the tools when working from the van... after a bit of research on here I found the perfect solution for me.

Spoke with Ryan at 40winks and confirmed what I wanted. The slight issue being, my Kombi has rear passenger heating, hence the interior shuttle panel on the rhs. So I actually needed a hybrid product. LHS was kombi SWB and RHS was Shuttle SWB.

I travelled up there Saturday am, and arrived 135 miles later. Both Ryan and his fabricator/designer, Adam, jumped straight into action, measured up, to the nearest mm. Adam is very precise and takes great care and pride in his work. Before long, he had cut, rewelded and painted a frame for my van, all this to save me a return trip a week in a few weeks. 10 minutes later it was installed in the van and I had the 3hr journey back home.

The quality is amazing. Its super strong. All the screws are drilled and tapped in the frame. All the best thing is, it can be removed from the van and no marks left where it has been.

For me its a parcel shelf and work platform, for others it could easily be a bed.

Some photos!

IMG_4968.jpg IMG_5004.jpg IMG_5003.jpg IMG_5009.jpg IMG_5011.jpg IMG_5012.jpg IMG_5008.jpg IMG_5016.jpg IMG_5005.jpg IMG_5019.jpg IMG_5014.jpg

Got to love this forum, so much infomation to be had thank you Mr T6 forum owner and the Admin who run it.

I needed a parcel shelf that would cover my tools and stop then being seen from outside, but it also need to allow me access to the tools when working from the van... after a bit of research on here I found the perfect solution for me.

Spoke with Ryan at 40winks and confirmed what I wanted. The slight issue being, my Kombi has rear passenger heating, hence the interior shuttle panel on the rhs. So I actually needed a hybrid product. LHS was kombi SWB and RHS was Shuttle SWB.

I travelled up there Saturday am, and arrived 135 miles later. Both Ryan and his fabricator/designer, Adam, jumped straight into action, measured up, to the nearest mm. Adam is very precise and takes great care and pride in his work. Before long, he had cut, rewelded and painted a frame for my van, all this to save me a return trip a week in a few weeks. 10 minutes later it was installed in the van and I had the 3hr journey back home.

The quality is amazing. Its super strong. All the screws are drilled and tapped in the frame. All the best thing is, it can be removed from the van and no marks left where it has been.

For me its a parcel shelf and work platform, for others it could easily be a bed.

Some photos!

View attachment 41103 View attachment 41104 View attachment 41105 View attachment 41106 View attachment 41108 View attachment 41109 View attachment 41110 View attachment 41111 View attachment 41112 View attachment 41113 View attachment 41114
Dear Elliot 330
Thanks for this posting. I am also considering to improve the load compartment of my T6 LWB 8 seater Crew Bus( as it is called in South Africa) could you please connect me to your installer of the boot shelf to get some guidance from them?
Thank you kindly

Back