Is Anyone Else In Europe At The Moment?

Tourershine

Senior Citizen.
VIP Member
T6 Master
Bit of a long shot, but is there anyone else in Europe at the moment?

I'm currently on the island of Ile De re just off the coast of La Rochelle and other than the day we arrived which was 25c and full sun, it's not stopped raining.
Looking through the weather websites, it seems this side of Europe is rain all week, but as I'm in my MH, I have no problem moving.
Just wondering if anyone in a location/area that's much better?

I can see where it's not raining according to several weather apps, but this isn't always a reality because the information conflicts from website to website. (BBC being the most incorrect at the moment)

Yeah I know it's only April, and I'm not expecting scorching heat, just somewhere that's dry before I bury my wife and kids on this island.

Lastly, distance across Europe is not a huge issue, but going South is not really suitable because my tunnel crossing is this coming Saturday.

Sadly, apart from last Friday, the weather is still rubbish and is forecast for the rest of this week to be wet in Brittany too. It has been a long and dreary winter with only a few decent days at a time. There are micro-climates and we have noticed that south of the ridges that separate us the weather in the Vannes area and the Golfe du Morbihan can be totally different, but not at the moment.

I'm in Naples and it's been a long wet winter here. Only just started warming up. Last year winter was much nicer and warmer.

I’m in France at Paris - Roubaix. Full on sun. 20 degrees :whistle:

Sun
partly_cloudy.png
22°
11°
Mon
rain.png
17°
10°
Tue
partly_cloudy.png
14°

Wed
partly_cloudy.png
19°
10°
Thu
rain.png
16°

Fri
rain_light.png
16°

Sat
partly_cloudy.png
19°
10°
Sun
partly_cloudy.png
22°
10°

:thumbsup:

Pissing down :cry:

Thanks @richard oliver.

I can see what it says on the internet, but it seems to differ from one site to the next.
One website says it's raining heavy here, which it is, and another says it's not and full sun.

You could start a slow journey homewards stopping at some nice historic places and exploring?
We would head towards Saumur then up to Sees (old bishops palace) then to Falaise (birthplace of William the Conq and great fortification) then to Fecamp (marina and great walks) then St Vallry Sur Somme (fantastic walks and beautiful little town) lastly Montreuil (victor hugo and fantastic walled town).
Even if still wet loads to do and see. If you fancy any of these I can recommend sites.

From what I can see, the Strasbourg area seems to be escaping the rain bar 1 day. I've been through the city before and it looked nice, so might head that way.

Returning from spain where it was pretty good until Saturday. Now just east of Bordeaux and looking at the weather will try and make the 4:30 crossing from Caen tomorrow. We were hoping to have a leisurely drive through France but the weather is pants.

Bit late now, but was near Ypres in Belgium Thursday to Monday. Glorious weather there, and still 18°c.

Also watched Paris-Roubaix on Sunday (Carrefour de l’arbre).

Pete

We are at a site just south of Le Mans at the moment, and it's actually really pleasant.

Then 2 days in a place called Jumièges tomorrow, which also looks nice weather at the moment.

I suspect when we come back over in the summer and it's 40c in the south, we will crave these lower temps.

Back