Interior Ply and Lining Woes

edson_bsx

I'm hoping someone with a bit more experience here can advise me on how to continue from my current predicament.

Took ownership of a spankers new van on Friday, absolutely over the moon with it. However, in my haste to be able to use it (I do a lot of ferrying dogs around), I ordered a load of insulation and lining kits etc prior to taking delivery of the van, so was doing it all a bit blind.

Long story short, I'm insulated and pretty happy with it. Ply floor is down and that seems perfect. However, I purchased a lining kit which only had full height panels over the rear arches. Every other panel was a lower-half only. So basically in this £100 purchase I've only gained the upper half over the rear arches as the van came with panels for the lowers everywhere anyway.

This is my fault as the product was semi-clearly advertised as such. So no real quarms with the vendor, what I need to know how is - is it possible to purchase top-panels only for split-door rear, sliding door and opposite sliding door? If anyone could point me to any links etc that'd be greatly appreciated as so far I've not been able to find any without shelling out £200+ for another full kit.

As a follow on; the van is being converted in to a 'basic' camper. Basic, because it's also going to be my daily vehicle to transport muddy dogs and muddy mountain bikes. So shelling out big cash on nice interior stuff is a bit pointless, and the idea of dog fur and carpets is an absolute no-no. Am I correct in thinking that I need to cover all the exposed metal bodywork to prevent a problem with condensation? And to what extent is condensation a huge problem? And of course, can anyone recommend what I could fully-line with, that isn't carpet? Preferably something a not overly savvy DIYer might be able to achieve a semi-decent look with?

Apologies for the long post, but any thoughts really much appreciated. Cheers!

Back