Interior Light Stays On When The Sliding Door Is Open

andy greenwood

VIP Member
T6 Guru
the interior light in the front cab stays on permanently if I have the sliding door open. Is this correct ? if i'm on a camp site for example and were relaxing with the sliding door open its annoying that the light stays on all the time. If I close the sliding door then the light goes off. Surely this is not correct ?

the interior light in the front cab stays on permanently if I have the sliding door open. Is this correct ? if i'm on a camp site for example and were relaxing with the sliding door open its annoying that the light stays on all the time. If I close the sliding door then the light goes off. Surely this is not correct ?
You can turn it off just press light switch in . It then go off .

You're lights are set to on. Move the switch to the middle position.
I know that with the switch in the middle the light is off , I have the switch to the right so that when a door is open the light comes on . I just presumed that the light would maybe go off after a set amount of time though ?

I think he may have turned them on to take the photo.

In the 'door' position, they do stay on for a good while. I think for as long as the radio will stay on for if turned on without the ignition.

Hang on. With the switch as shown in the photo, the lights will be on. In the middle position, they turn on with the doors open and all the way to the left, off altogether regardless of the doors.

Hang on. With the switch as shown in the photo, the lights will be on. In the middle position, they turn on with the doors open and all the way to the left, off altogether regardless of the doors.
i normally have the switch to the right so that the light comes on when i open the door. To take the picture the switch was to the right as usual and i opened the drivers door so that the light comes on. If i put the switch in the middle the light is permanently off. If i put the switch to the left it is permanently on regardless of a door being open, have i got a faulty switch ?

I know that with the switch in the middle the light is off , I have the switch to the right so that when a door is open the light comes on . I just presumed that the light would maybe go off after a set amount of time though ?

When the switch is in the middle the lights will go out after a few mins. To the right they stay on.

When the switch is in the middle the lights will go out after a few mins. To the right they stay on.
well i definatley have an electrical issue then, with the switch is the middle my light is permanently off. To the right- the light is on when i open a door. To the left- the light is permanently on

Back