Interior light stays on while driving

Euge

2017 T6 Panel Van
VIP Member
Hi

I’m having an issue with the front interior light staying on.

The light illuminates when the door is unlocked, but stays on while driving.

After stopping it goes off after about 10 minutes.

Is this likely a grounding issue or switch in the door or handle?

Same on all doors btw, so doesn’t seem to be one particular door.

Had any work done recently? Sounds like a short to ground on the brown/red wire in the courtesy circuit. Lights are going out when the BCM timer cuts in and turns off the permanent +12v in the courtesy circuit to save the battery. If it was a faulty door lock then you perhaps wouldn't be able to lock the van

Had any work done recently? Sounds like a short to ground on the brown/red wire in the courtesy circuit. Lights are going out when the BCM timer cuts in and turns off the permanent +12v in the courtesy circuit to save the battery. If it was a faulty door lock then you perhaps wouldn't be able to lock the van
Could be after the pop top work perhaps. Looks like I might have to take out roof lining.

I carpeted the rear of the van, where the barn doors lock into place top and bottom. Had the same issue, courtesy lights on, but no door open warning on the dash. After a bit of experimenting it turned out that a good slam of the barn doors would turn the lights off.
I re trimmed a little around the door locking points and it sorted the problem. Might be worth a try.

You haven’t accidentally switched it to permanently on by any chance?

I carpeted the rear of the van, where the barn doors lock into place top and bottom. Had the same issue, courtesy lights on, but no door open warning on the dash. After a bit of experimenting it turned out that a good slam of the barn doors would turn the lights off.
I re trimmed a little around the door locking points and it sorted the problem. Might be worth a try.
I’ve done the same carpeting. Might try that suggestion thanks.

I’ve done the same carpeting. Might try that suggestion thanks.
When you’ve shut the doors you need to lock the van with the remote, if it’s worked the lights will go out. If they stay on then it hasn’t fixed the problem. Try again but with a bit more force. You say after 10 mins after stopping the lights go out, that’s the timer shutting them off, which is normal.

Thank you, that was it! The carpet lining on the tailgate was preventing full closure. With a little adjustment it now works as it should. I’m intending to get a full width threshold once the new flooring is in. Much appreciated.

My rejoicing was premature. The light is still staying on while I drive. I’m suspecting it’s still related to the tailgate not closing tight.

Back