interior grey colour code?

Thankyou. Yes you're right it wouldn't look out of place but most of the panels have a few marks on them and I don't think it's worth painting all of those panels just for a few knocks and scratches which annoy me!! Could I add a little drop of black paint to the pot?! I thought this would be a simple quick job and it's turning out to be a much more involved one.

Start a sticker collection and just put them over the damaged one first?

Thankyou. Yes you're right it wouldn't look out of place but most of the panels have a few marks on them and I don't think it's worth painting all of those panels just for a few knocks and scratches which annoy me!! Could I add a little drop of black paint to the pot?! I thought this would be a simple quick job and it's turning out to be a much more involved one.
Yes, you could. I was going to suggest you try brilliant white with black emulsion (where will you get that!?) and mix your own, but... if you find a named match then we can all follow suit :p

The alternative is a spray can matt craft paint, but you could spend forever finding the match

Yes, you could. I was going to suggest you try brilliant white with black emulsion (where will you get that!?) and mix your own, but... if you find a named match then we can all follow suit :p

The alternative is a spray can matt craft paint, but you could spend forever finding the match
I am going to try the local model shop for a Humbrol paint pot but it is not open until 12th April (maybe?)

I am going to try the local model shop for a Humbrol paint pot but it is not open until 12th April (maybe?)
I seem to recall you can get a tester made up from paint match in DIY stores, so worth a try first perhaps?

This is what I have done!

View attachment 111618
Oh, I thought the test card was a particular named shade? Or was that just something to test on!?

20210407_083724-COLLAGE.jpg
When we did our kids' room we used paint match to the curtains. The red came closest to a named colour "Red stallion 2" but the green was a custom mix using the paint match machine in-store

Last edited:
Oh, I thought the test card was a particular named shade? Or was that just something to test on!?

View attachment 111626
When we did our kids' room we used paint match to the curtains. The red came closest to a named colour "Red stallion 2" but the green was a custom mix using the paint match machine in-store
Now you've got me confused. I took the small panel and asked for a "paint match". She put the panel in a machine and then presented me with the card which did indeed have
"Sleepy Kitten" printed on it. It seemed a pretty good match to me. Then she put the pot in another machine to "shake it up" and it cost £3. That's why I wondered if a "paint-mix" would be any different. They must be different in some way.

Now you've got me confused. I took the small panel and asked for a "paint match". She put the panel in a machine and then presented me with the card which did indeed have
"Sleepy Kitten" printed on it. It seemed a pretty good match to me. Then she put the pot in another machine to "shake it up" and it cost £3. That's why I wondered if a "paint-mix" would be any different. They must be different in some way.
Hmm... not sure now. We had a named shade match, like you, but also just a code for the green. That was Dulux. Maybe go back and ask them if they can custom mix to match, and show them that it's not right? Also, they will have a range of saturations and brightnesses in the same hue (Sleepy kitten 1, 2, 3 etc?), so you could step down to a darker shade and try again

Hmm... not sure now. We had a named shade match, like you, but also just a code for the green. That was Dulux. Maybe go back and ask them if they can custom mix to match, and show them that it's not right? Also, they will have a range of saturations and brightnesses in the same hue (Sleepy kitten 1, 2, 3 etc?), so you could step down to a darker shade and try again
I think I may just do that!

Damn greys, bain of my life. Here's a useful reference
PXL_20220502_123549820~2.jpg

The hidden clips were unbranded from here: 50x Grey Plastic Fir Tree Trim Clips 8mm Hole 18mm Head panel lining Fits VW Van | eBay

As you can see (if you happen to be colour sensitive) [try the app "I Love Hue" if you are] the hidden clips are bluer than the VW greys, which are more neutral and appear warmer [Lego for a useful reference; new lego greys are bluish, old lego greys were neutral].

Finally, wall interior panels are darker, and that light carpet is cloud, but not sure of brand:
PXL_20220502_130118871~3.jpg

Last edited:
Then for clips on boards, those hidden clips could be good for the ceiling as they are damned strong:
PXL_20220502_131544391~2.jpg

from original old thread seems it was not grey to the latest Volkswagen Transporter T6 Touch Up Paint | Color N Drive LB9A candy white for a 2022 year

Volkswagen Transporter T6 Touch Up Paint | Color N Drive will this help if you need VW color paint
Thankyou for your reply. I have contacted the firm.

Then for clips on boards, those hidden clips could be good for the ceiling as they are damned strong:
View attachment 155252

I think there are more than "fifty shades"! I have contacted Colour N Drive for info. It is mainly scuffs and scratches that I want to touch-up, I'm learning
to live with them!

Back