interior grey colour code?

Vanlady

VIP Member
I have a T32 TSI Kombi Highline BMT Window van 2018 petrol 1984cc and the rear interior needs touching-up with a grey paint for hardboard. I have tried various paints and mixing black and white to no avail! Can anyone tell me what the paint code is and where I can buy it please?

Your build options including paint codes should be on the build label under the steering wheel.

I have a T32 TSI Kombi Highline BMT Window van 2018 petrol 1984cc and the rear interior needs touching-up with a grey paint for hardboard. I have tried various paints and mixing black and white to no avail! Can anyone tell me what the paint code is and where I can buy it please?
If you mean touching up the OEM hardboard panels that come with a van, it will probably be easier, and cheaper to phone round a few local converters asking them o save some before they put them in the skip.

Your build options including paint codes should be on the build label under the steering wheel.

CODES .jpg

Thankyou. This is the build label but which number do I use to find the grey interior paint number?

edit: removed vin (loz)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you mean touching up the OEM hardboard panels that come with a van, it will probably be easier, and cheaper to phone round a few local converters asking them o save some before they put them in the skip.
Do you mean that paint is hard to locate?

From your label your interior trim colour code is JG

Those panels are likely melamine faced hardboard rather than painted.

As above, I think it will easier to find some spare panels from a conversion. I threw mine away as no-one wanted them.

Pete

Why not put a Wanted post in the “For Sale/Wanted” forum.

Pete

A good suggestion but I will try other avenues first. I thought a "touch-up" paint would be easily found.
Why not take a panel off and go to a paint shop to put it on the machine there to get the colour mixed?

mine has a small panel on the c post which would be pretty easy to take in

Why not take a panel off and go to a paint shop to put it on the machine there to get the colour mixed?

mine has a small panel on the c post which would be pretty easy to take in
That's a brilliant idea! Yes there is a small panel where the rear seat belts attach to the body. I have tried to source the grey but have had no success. The white exterior paint is easy to find. Seems odd to me that no-one has ever wanted to touch-up the interior!

It's safe to say that the hardboard rear panels are the ginger haired step child of transporter interior parts, why not cover them in 4 way stretch carpet? Easy (lots of info on here and youtube vids), cheap and will make them much less prone to damage in future?

It's safe to say that the hardboard rear panels are the ginger haired step child of transporter interior parts, why not cover them in 4 way stretch carpet? Easy (lots of info on here and youtube vids), cheap and will make them much less prone to damage in future?
Thankyou. I will have a look!

I make the standard panel van hardboard panels as 60% grey. You could do worse than a DIY store paint match with the smallest panel. It's interior grade, so matt or silk emulsion might even work

I make the standard panel van hardboard panels as 60% grey. You could do worse than a DIY store paint match with the smallest panel. It's interior grade, so matt or silk emulsion might even work
I tried B+Q for a paint match which looked very good with the card but when I painted a small area it dried lighter in shade. Will I get a better shade with a" paint-mix"?

Grey paint match  .jpg

I tried B+Q for a paint match which looked very good with the card but when I painted a small area it dried lighter in shade. Will I get a better shade with a" paint-mix"?

View attachment 111405
Nope :rolleyes: I expect not. But your test looks closer than the actual reference card. That test card looks a little bluer

Screenshot_20210405-170947.png
You could repaint the whole panel and it wouldn't look out of place against the others?

Back