Adrian Flux

warren

I thought I'd give anyone who's looking for insurance the heads up what these clowns did to me.

I applied online through compare the market and got a quote I was happy with. Continued and paid by credit card. Received insurance documents with a few errors on e.g Van was down as a manual and its a DSG and a few other minor things. Got this sorted no problem. Later that day received an email saying to contact them.

I phoned them up and they said their system isn't pulling any confirmation that the van had an alarm/immobilizer. I told them its factory standard on the highline and I could prove it. They said the information I provided, i.e full vehicle spec and VW website brochure wasn't suffice and I'd need a Thatcham certificate for them to continue with the policy.

I couldn't get hold of a certificate so they bumped up my online quote by £250. Of course I told them where they can stick there insurance but on cancelling I had to pay the arrangement fee of £43. A massive scam considering the policy hadn't even started.

Since then been on to Brentacre who I can highly recommend and every person I spoke to there was a genuine help.

On a positive note as of tomorrow afternoon, team blackberry has another member.

Be worth a call to the insurance ombudsman, as you have a right to cancel any agreement within so many days without penalty.

That's what I've got in mind, I'll just wait for the refund to clear first before I chase that up

Never had a problem with them, they insured my tied mini no problem and just did the same with my cali

Whoop whoop... go team blackberry......

Brentacre all the way fella.......cracking people

I was unsured with Adrian flux before i bought my T6. When they quoted me for the T6 they were a grand more than Brentacre, and brentacre's cover was for a higher spec. Well, It's obvious who I went with!!

When I did mine they told me from the spec what alarm I had on mine so no need to prove anything. I also go 5 day insurance from VW

Hi @warren I have only just seen this thread. I note that you paid for your (failed) insurance with your credit card thus making that company party to your claim for the refund of the arrangement fee for a policy cancelled by the company BEFORE the inception of cover. I would suggest you contact your credit card company, explain the facts as outlined in your post and ask them to refund you. Th insurance company or broker sounds to be totally inefficient and you certainly wouldn't want them handling a claim if the worst happened and you had an accident. I would continue your complaint through the Insuranc Ombudsman if you feel especially aggrieved because what you will be seeking is a refund to the credit company that they should give you. Good luck as I know from personal experience that you can take on insurance companies and win.

They can all be very sneaky; my old insurer snuck a ridiculous clause only to be found in the small print when I went to renew; nearly missed it but it meant the car suddenly had to be garaged. I cancelled immediately.

Still amazed at the Calis insurance; £230 with very good cover.
The Subaru is £300 (its worth £5k max) and the BM is £500.

Just paid 330 for mine & thought that ok considering I still use the Swift, might phone round next year

I went with A-plan, just over £400 van-camper policy (full policy year to convert) and all mods listed inc re-map and lowering. Without the van-camper and mods was just over £300.

I called a few and A-plan were the only one who took the time and understood what I was after so happy with the price :)

Kev

I've just called Lloyds to inform them of my seat being fitted in the rear, cant insure me anymore and £60 to pay them for cancelling me !!
Brentacre now as I've used them in the past, but seem to be getting dearer £430 with full no claims.

yep Adrian Flux complete waste of time.. spent ages on the phone with them only for them to come up with a stupid quote of £1200! I told them I all ready had a quote of £360 and thought they might be a bit cheaper? the girl on the phone then said no way will you get a £35k van insurance for that! I eventually went with Aviva fully comp max NCB for £180.00 Adrian Flux can go and.....

Well on my insurance journey
Phoned adrian flux on Monday morning took all my details someone would call me back that day phoned them again someone will call you back in morning
Tuesday morning I phone them lunch time still someone would call me back ! Nothing
Wednesday nothing !!!
Phoned tonight them up finally got quote £2100
They then told me my van hasn’t even got a tracker , so can’t be competitive. Ok how much will I save with a tracker ? Don’t know ! Wait on phone for 15mins now down £1800
Now had quotes ranging from £980 to £4300
Probably going with NFU £1300 fantastic service so far and miles ahead of the others in terms of helpfulness and advice

Call Just Kampers, they've never let me down. A Plan, Thetford branch are also very popular.

You dodged a bullet there, my last van was insured with flux and I got totally screwed over. Delete their number from your phone and move on

Back