Adrian Flux

A plan Thatcham sorted us out. £350 ish, just had the renewal and exactly same price as last year despite IPT increasing.

Are they any good for modified and self build campers?

So firstly, i left them when i was 21, because they wouldn't insure me on a new audi s3... when that car got stolen, i halved my no claims, down too 2YNCB, when i went back to NFU in january of this year, with only 3 YNCB and 25 years old, they gave me my full 7 YNCB back!!

They've insured me on the van as a van----->camper build. so theyre happy i modify it as i go along and anything major i just let them know... theyre only fussed for the performance mods i think.

Must say, I use Adrian flux for my track car (road legal) and you can’t go wrong with there modified insurance !

Having searched threads I cannot see an answer to this question. Has anyone had experience of challenging an agreed valuation with an insurer or more specifically Adrian Flux. I have recently moved to them as Direct Line told me they listed my mods on the insurance but would not cover them in any loss. i told AF based on original list price and mods I estimated my van to be £28-30k. Their valuation £26k . I wondered if anyone had success challenged their valuations and if so how. Thanks

Used car and van prices are pretty regionalised and like all commodities are based upon supply and demand. Insurers will use either Glass's Guide or CAP to determine the value of your vehicle. However, these values are an 'average' of all the values across the UK. They don't take into account regional differences in values. For example, 'city cars' such as a Polo or Clio are not in high demand in rural areas. As a result, values tend to be slightly lower in those areas compared to large towns/cities. Similarly, off-road 4x4s are in high demand in the rural areas and values are therefore typically higher than those found in the cities.

What you need to do is to gather as many examples of T6 prices for sale in your area. In the event of an insurance pay out you wouldn't necessarily be expected to travel to the end of the country for a replacement. You'd shop locally and this is where the regional price differentials come into play. It is very unlikely that Adrian Flux have based their quote on vehicles in your own area. Like I said, the pricing data they use are arrived at from an average of all the values across the country.

Once you've got a number of local examples where prices are higher than AF is offering you, you can then challenge their valuation by using those examples as evidence of what you'd have to pay locally to replace your vehicle.

I have had this with Just Kampers, I valued my van at around the £28k marker. I provided the receipt of purchase and every other receipt for work totalling over 10k. All pics to show as requested and I got the agreed valuation at 22k. I asked about challenging this, I was told I could use another valuer or independent.

Thanks @Carl1974 and @Teesix i appreciate the feedback, both great suggestion. I suppose an Independent valuer would cost money but may be worth It in the long run. I also like the idea about values of other advertised vans. However, this is why we go To bespoke insurance policies as our vans are unique (not really but hopefully you understand). I think I will start by asking them how they have calculated the valuation. Having supplied invoices and pictures they are aware of original rrp and additional cost invested in the van. I would assume they would model depreciation using this info (which estimates a loss of about £20 k in 3 years). If I could find similar examples for sale at higher than their valuation this might help challenge their view. Equally I have thought about enquiring About cancellation, citing the fact I have paid extra for a confirmed value but do not feel this is competitive. As a new customer this may cause them to review this - or maybe not. One thing is sure if I stay with them and it isn’t changed, next year‘s value will be even less making me less likely to renew

When I bought my van last year, it was advertised at £40K and I got it down to £37.5K. I took all the pictures for the JustKampers Agreed Value policy and emailed the application asking for £40K cover. They responded with an offer to cover the full payment cost only which I accepted. I’ve just had my renewal quote and the agreed value is the same for this year. I’ve spent a few quid since but I still find it acceptable. Having phoned around, I find the overall policy is pretty competitive priced as well.

I also have an agreed value policy with JustKampers at £50k, but I had spent just over £70k (including purchase) when I took out the policy last September.
However, they have just told me that there is now a 40% increase due to the Pendle remap to 303bhp, so I’ll be looking around for a similar policy elsewhere this September.

@Tellmewhatsnew

How are you getting on with the Agreed Value?

I applied for an Agreed Value back in March but I had a load of trouble getting my photos etc sent to them. I asked for a value of £37k but they've written back today informing me that they have valued it at £39k. Result. I'm guessing the market for campers at the moment is pushing values up. A by-product of the staycation.

They did include this paragraph in the letter:

"If you are unhappy with the valuation, we are willing to reassess upon receipt of a signed and dated independent valuation from a member of the Institute of Automotive Engineers and Assessors(www.iaea-online.org)."

Might be worth you either contacting AF again or, get an independent valuation from the IAEA.

@Tellmewhatsnew

How are you getting on with the Agreed Value?

I applied for an Agreed Value back in March but I had a load of trouble getting my photos etc sent to them. I asked for a value of £37k but they've written back today informing me that they have valued it at £39k. Result. I'm guessing the market for campers at the moment is pushing values up. A by-product of the staycation.

They did include this paragraph in the letter:

"If you are unhappy with the valuation, we are willing to reassess upon receipt of a signed and dated independent valuation from a member of the Institute of Automotive Engineers and Assessors(www.iaea-online.org)."

Might be worth you either contacting AF again or, get an independent valuation from the IAEA.
Hi @Teesix I’ve not done anything with AF yet as I am considering selling so it’s insured value is less of a concern. Been getting quotes on 6.1 but undecided. I was hoping Rishi would help me out by reducing vat and encouraging me to spend big

Adrian Flux absolutely disgusting insurance company!! Rang up to change address bare in mind it is in the same street so no major change, was told I would have to pay £422 to change information, advised them I was also becoming unemployed in 10 days, didn’t take this into consideration and told me I would still have to pay them, payment plan only given across three months, so was expected to pay them more than £100 a month on no incoming wages!! They say they take your personal circumstances into consideration, well that is a lie because I am now in debt with no job.

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Adrian Flux absolutely disgusting insurance company!! Rang up to change address bare in mind it is in the same street so no major change, was told I would have to pay £422 to change information, advised them I was also becoming unemployed in 10 days, didn’t take this into consideration and told me I would still have to pay them, payment plan only given across three months, so was expected to pay them more than £100 a month on no incoming wages!! They say they take your personal circumstances into consideration, well that is a lie because I am now in debt with no job.
Sorry to hear your woes. Hope things start to look better soon. I hope you find a new insurer come renewal time.

There must be more to this than just an address change ?

Pete

Back