Insurance For T6 Really Limited

Semisonic

VIP Member
T6 Pro
hi guys
Well fed up talking to insurance companies
The amount of ones I phoned up said they could only go up 40k on a t6
Got a brand new T6 T32 4 motion dsg Lwb kombucha spend lots on extras from VW ticked all boxes and also got a conversion company to for an active van line out , body kit, wheels , sockets, wheels , Stereo, dash cam , leather swivel seats , 2 extra VW seats behind triple bench , lights all in after ticking every box spend total 56k got all receipts haven’t even got it yet !!
Quite a few said come back next year or 2 yrs when the vans gone down in value !!!!
Brentarce £980 , £750 excess need to have a tracker fitted though or can’t do it
Waiting for Adrian flux to call back in morning
Tomorrow’s a new day lol

Had a similar thing with Aplan insurance, max value was £40k (for commercial van policy)

Options were to devalue the van or go elsewhere.

Not sure where other members insure theirs? Callies Etc can value well above £50k.

I Think it depends if it's rated as a CV or a camper or a people carrier or Another Etc Etc Etc.

Had a similar thing with Aplan insurance, max value was £40k (for commercial van policy)

Options were to devalue the van or go elsewhere.

Not sure where other members insure theirs? Callies Etc can value well above £50k.

I Think it depends if it's rated as a CV or a camper or a people carrier or Another Etc Etc Etc.

Cheers for the reply sort of caught in the middle it isn’t a camper as it hasn’t got sink cupboards water storage or proper bed so that most of the camper van companies our the equation so all the other think it to much money for active/day conversion van even though got all the receipts
admiral wanted £4500 per year and thought I was going to push the button as they felt it was competitive lol
Its a real mine field

Mines insured for over 60k with NFU. Full comp. 250 excess and free windscreens.. which have to be genuine.

Just had a quote for my T6 value of £33,000 with NFU and they quoted £430. Going by peoples experiences on here this seems quite high. Do people think this is because we are only insuring this one vehicle with them as we dont own a second vehicle?
It is also parked of the road and in a rural area.

Hi Toad. Do you have any recommendations?

I use NFU, and know that I pay a little more for it. But I have 3 vehicles insured with them, and the house and contents.

They are fantastic to deal with if you need to claim.

I have been using NFU for years we have 3 cars The T6 Kombi and our house and holiday insurance with them and although they are not the cheapest you never have any problems when you need to claim. I had one of my numpty works write of a van at 9 am on a Friday morning the hire van was with us by 12 noon and they paid us out for the van on tuesday. Now that is what all insurance company should be like.

Also, they don't charge for admin changes to policies and nothing is ever a problem when you call them, always very polite and helpful. It seems other companies want to charge you £25.00 every time you call to them.

good luck.

Had the same issue last year with brand new campervan valued £55k, would not insure due to not having tracker even though it has a VW alarm.
Eventually got Comfort to insure it as long as I got a letter from VW confirming it had the alarm.

With a bit of negotiation A Plan reduced my admin fee from £45 to £10.

Just had a quote from Comfort insurance/Aviva......£440 fully comp on my VW t6 Highline with thatcham cat 1 security. This seems to be the norm. What do people think? I have a day to get this sorted.

Back