Insurance And Trackers!

Blindman

Blindman with a Van Vision
T6 Pro
Swapping my insurance to my new T6, I'm with Adrian Flux and they have said I either get a tracker fitted or pay an extra £400 on my premium! But they didn't state what type of tracker? Cat5 Cat6 or eBay special. Anybody else been given the same info?

Call up brentacre, I'd be very surprised if they are not vastly cheaper than flux. I was with flux and the quote they gave for the kombi was crazy! So I left flux, lost out on £120 for leaving early, but still saved hundreds more with brentacre.

Swapping my insurance to my new T6, I'm with Adrian Flux and they have said I either get a tracker fitted or pay an extra £400 on my premium! But they didn't state what type of tracker? Cat5 Cat6 or eBay special. Anybody else been given the same info?

Get a quote with someone else! I have 0 no claims on my T6 and only pay £450. Worth looking around, I know it depends on age, driving history etc but £400 extra if you don't have a tracker is ridiculous.

I would think twice about staying with a company that puts restrictions like that on a policy.

Not the first person to say that about Adrian Flux. Seem to be about the only company out there that insist on such. A-plan or Brentacre seem to be giving better prices at the moment.
Insurance companies need to realise that there are others out there, and we'll show our displeasure by walking away from them.

I'm gonna throw this out there.... I insure a Volvo V60 R design on a 15 plate and a brand new Kombi (150 manual SWB) with Aviva for £435 a year. Fully comp. business use. The lot.

I'm gonna throw this out there.... I insure a Volvo V60 R design on a 15 plate and a brand new Kombi (150 manual SWB) with Aviva for £435 a year. Fully comp. business use. The lot.
Have you told them that the van is modified yet? I found that they couldn't compete when I told them that mine is not standard - and lining, speakers, side bars etc will give them an opportunity to wriggle out if it ever came to needing to pay out.

Have you told them that the van is modified yet? I found that they couldn't compete when I told them that mine is not standard - and lining, speakers, side bars etc will give them an opportunity to wriggle out if it ever came to needing to pay out.
Yep I've declared everything. All my mods except the carpet lining are factory fitted or optional extras from VW. Told them I'm having it lined out and putting some speakers in the rear so it will have 4 instead of 2.. not an issue. I hate how fickle insurers are

Yep I've declared everything. All my mods except the carpet lining are factory fitted or optional extras from VW. Told them I'm having it lined out and putting some speakers in the rear so it will have 4 instead of 2.. not an issue. I hate how fickle insurers are
Well that is really good then. Yep insurers are right up there with ambulance chasers and PPI call centres. There is no wonder there are so many uninsured drivers on the road. If they lowered their prices a bit and weren't such tools, a lot of those law breakers would be able to afford insurance.

Well that is really good then. Yep insurers are right up there with ambulance chasers and PPI call centres. There is no wonder there are so many uninsured drivers on the road. If they lowered their prices a bit and weren't such tools, a lot of those law breakers would be able to afford insurance.
I stopped a 19 yr old driving a 1.1 fiesta paying £1300 a year third party. Just outrageous

+1 for Aviva too. We have the the multi car policy, (the van and a BMW 1 Series), mods declared for £450 a year too

I stopped a 19 yr old driving a 1.1 fiesta paying £1300 a year third party. Just outrageous
Shocking, but at least they'd done the right thing and had it. Bet it was worth triple the car as well.

Did the Aviva driver app, eligible for max discount but told didn't insure campers, tho an associate company did....Comfort Insurance.....but they don't insure unless actually converted and re classified as a camper with dolce.
Couldn't better my £205 comp and occasional business use, but with discounts were about £100 cheaper on my daily drive.
Wots going on with the chaps getting camper quotes from Aviva?

Did the Aviva driver app, eligible for max discount but told didn't insure campers, tho an associate company did....Comfort Insurance.....but they don't insure unless actually converted and re classified as a camper with dolce.
Couldn't better my £205 comp and occasional business use, but with discounts were about £100 cheaper on my daily drive.
Mines a Kombi not a camper..

My insurance is up in May, so Ill stick with Flux for now to save the hassle, then shop around to get best deal. If I do get a tracker fitted what sort of discount would you get? Is it worth it? I'll let you all now when it's up. Another point, My van is a Highline with sportline exterior spec so What do you class your van as when insuring? Just say factory fitted?

In my opinion trackers are pointless. If some steals my van I would not want it back, hate to think of what people have done to it while they had it.

Insurance companies should not expect people to fit them. They should provide them for free (or within the premium) like they do black boxes for young drivers.

I would not have one if the option is there.

I phoned my insurance (co-op) a while ago about insuring my Cali, they said it would be a little extra so I said fine I phone when Invest it. Phoned them up told the reg and after some questions they came back and told me they could not insure it as they did not insure campers, was not impressed. Phoned Adrian Flux and no problem, they just asked what type of alarm it had and were happy. :)

Mines a Kombi also

Back