Individual Shuttle Seats For Row 3

Paynewright

VIP Member
T6 Legend
I have an 8 seat SWB window van with a bench seat on the back / third row.

Its not used often and is very heavy needing two strong adults to remove it (and refit) meaning I have to drag the neighbour around to help.

I have a middle single shuttle seat already so wonder if the LH & RH singles would fit?

the big question - does the floor pan have the ‘dimples’ where the brackets would fit?

You Have to put the middle row single seat with the integrated belt in the third row. It can go middle or left and right. We have done this conversion.

Dimples are there. But in a panel van it’s very tight in the right hand side, because of the plastic trim. In the shuttles there are mounts in the back on the left already, maybe doesn’t work on the right with the shuttle trim and seat trim too bulky

Dimple layout. Dimple pattern for the side seats are narrower in both row two and three than the centre seat footprint.

Screenshot_20170915-201059.png

Last edited:
Where can you find individual seats for the 3rd row that will fit over the rear wheel arches .Volkswagen say they no longer supply individual seats for the third row, only the 3 seat bench seat. I was told the only way to do it would be to buy the individual parts and then assemble them to make the seats

In row three the plastic trim on the seats may need modifying as very close to the wheel arches.

VanLeisureUK on ebay has the seats.

Ian

Thanks for message, have found Vanleisureuk, but as far as I can make out, it's just 2nd row seats ,that seem to be available. kombi seats x singles 1 + 1 +1, if you look at the picture of one set of kombi seats for sale, you can see the framework of the outside seats would interfere with the wheel arches if those seats were placed in the third row position.

Thanks for message, have found Vanleisureuk, but as far as I can make out, it's just 2nd row seats ,that seem to be available. kombi seats x singles 1 + 1 +1, if you look at the picture of one set of kombi seats for sale, you can see the framework of the outside seats would interfere with the wheel arches if those seats were placed in the third row position.

So are there other individual VW seats that you believe would fit? What are they from?

People have fitted the individual row 2 shuttle seats in row 3 but as I say there is some modification required.

Also, two shuttle middle seats, with integral belts will fit in row 3, if 2 seats will suffice. I’m sure @BognorMotors have done this for a customer.

• Ben Rogers
    To T6 Forum
    Individual Shuttle Seats For Row 3 - New reply to watched thread
    14:56

We started looking at these vans about 2 to 3 years ago. At the time Volkswagen's brochure talked about 2 models the shuttle and window van. I've dug out the brochure that I printed off and as I look at it now I can't actually see a picture showing 3 individual seats in the 3rd row , but at the time I'm sure I remember seeing pictures showing the flexibility of the layout of the seats, with odd seat removed to show what could be done either with the shuttle or window van . When I spoke to the people at the Volkswagen garage where we bought the van, that started off life as a kombi and also had the work done to convert it to a shuttle, the only solution they could see would be to buy the individual parts for one of these seats and then assemble it before fitting to the van. I can't understand why if you sell a vehicle with removable seats that those seats aren't of a more practical manageable size. Taking out the rear bench seat is a real pain and needs 2 people. I can't help feeling that there is a solution to this in the form of taking a set of 2nd row kombi seats and modifying the underside to accommodate the wheel arches on the outside seats to fit them in the 3rd row.

So are there other individual VW seats that you believe would fit? What are they from?

People have fitted the individual row 2 shuttle seats in row 3 but as I say there is some modification required.

Also, two shuttle middle seats, with integral belts will fit in row 3, if 2 seats will suffice. I’m sure @BognorMotors have done this for a customer.
Thanks for reply, I replied to your email rather than on the forum ,I'm a bit new to this forum game, have now posted my reply on the forum. Thanks for your suggestions, I've got something to work with now.

hi mate, no they dont...just done it...clears perfectly.

here you go, ignore centre back rest...it was slightly twisted where some bafoon has been tugging at it to try free off the stuck fold mechanism...
i undid the side fixings and it went ping back to normal position... i had prev fixed the fold issue in my kitchen :)))
had me worried for a moment but had no "drop damage" so i had an educated guess and i was right..

anyway...shows how it fits....be warned you need different rear supports...a trauma i am going through presently...

search my other threads :)

FF617EBC-B6A8-4C71-943A-B9CF0CDB0E4C.jpeg

Thanks for message and picture . For it to work for us I need to fix the seats on the next fixings back so that they are in same position as the 3 seater bench seat is now. I'm not sure whether different fixings exist to do this, hopefully you can make out from the attached photos what I mean

20201019_084716.jpg

20201019_084639.jpg

your rear triple there is same position as my single 3's obviously framework is different etc
floor mount plates are becoming a nightmare for outer fixings and are required :(

Back