In tank fuel pump

BAZT6

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Not T6 but still VW. Son has got a Corrado VR6 which I have got to get finished and send it to New Zealand for him. In tank fuel pump has failed this was a Bosch which is no longer available. He has bought a replacement which is higher pressure but a bit larger diameter and longer but will pump at 4bar which is better. Pump sits in a swirl pot in the tank, I can make the pump fit into the swirl pot but it would not be sealed tight at the bottom of the swirl pot. Should the swirl pot have fuel in it or not? I am thinking it should be dry and just suck fuel in through the bottom of the swirl pot, has anyone been down this route? The alternative is a complete VDO unit at £216.

Cheers Baz

Not T6 but still VW. Son has got a Corrado VR6 which I have got to get finished and send it to New Zealand for him. In tank fuel pump has failed this was a Bosch which is no longer available. He has bought a replacement which is higher pressure but a bit larger diameter and longer but will pump at 4bar which is better. Pump sits in a swirl pot in the tank, I can make the pump fit into the swirl pot but it would not be sealed tight at the bottom of the swirl pot. Should the swirl pot have fuel in it or not? I am thinking it should be dry and just suck fuel in through the bottom of the swirl pot, has anyone been down this route? The alternative is a complete VDO unit at £216.

Cheers Baz
I'm not familiar with this system but usually you would have a pump that keeps the swirl pot full then another pump supplying the engine.

Back