Ignition Staying On [Resolved]

Dave512

T6 Pro
Hi All, I'm having an issue that has just started regarding the ignition. Basically when I turn the key to the off position and remove the key everything stops as should be. However, after a flicker on the dash the ignition is showing as on; as if the key was in position 1 for ignition. The first work around we got was by reinserting the key turning it to the ignition and then turning it off again and it turned everything off. This is issue is that this has also stopped working. Has anyone experienced this issue ?
In summary;
Key off then removed - ignition off
Flicker from dash - ignition back on (key completely removed at this point)
Reinsert key turn ignition on then off - ignition off (this has since stopped working).
As off now I have managed to get the ignition off and don't want to turn it back on lol

Any info/ advice would be appreciated.

David

Sounds like the switch at the end of the barrel is breaking down.
Does the steering lock when you remove the key?

Haven't checked that yet but i'm sure the garage said it did when I phoned today and asked. Because my MOT is booked for Monday and wanted to check if it was a possible fail. Thanks for the quick reply.

So I changed the switch and the issue did not get resolved. The leisure battery was wired up incorrectly to the main battery with a live fuse instead of an ignition fuse which was in turn draining the main battery. All sorted by a localish auto-electrician.

oh jeez . . . nightmare.

glad its sorted now.

what leisure battery and charger have you got?

Back