Radio/lights not picking up key removal

RunningVan

VIP Member
Noticed my van has been doing a funny thing today: when I remove the key from the ignition the courtesy lights don’t turn on and the radio doesn’t turn off. If I then open the door the courtesy lights do come on but radio stays on. So it feels like the computer isn’t picking up the key being removed.

I did add footwell lights to the courtesy circuit last week but all seemed to be working ok until today.

Reading around I haven’t found any one describing a similar issue but guessing it’s a fuse or the ignition barrel, could anyone point me in the right direction before I take it somewhere?

I'd start with disconnecting whatever you installed before you noticed the fault. If the fault remain you know for sure it's not what you installed.

Then I'd be looking to getting it connected to VCDS and looking at measuring blocks in the BCM.

Out of curiosity do the fuses that only become live with the ignition on become dead with the key removed if so this could point to a possible BCM issue.

Your not miles away from me and I have a cancellation on Monday so could squeeze you in if needed.

Cheers
Chris

Thanks Chris, you were the person I was thinking of contacting if it wasn’t an easy fix and have been meaning to book in for an unrelated parking sensor issue.

Will have a play tomorrow and drop you a message

Back