Ignition or immobiliser dead?

RedUn

Kombi... work in progress
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Stumped on this one but may be missing something simple...

Lost the ambient lights this week but not all of them.

The heater controls light up fine as do the mfsw buttons.

Leccy windows, light switch and push button switches on the dash are completely dead though...

Checked the fuses I thought it could be but couldn't specifically find an ambient lighting circuit one anyway?

Starting to wonder if one of the switches has gone?

Any other advice / piss taking welcome!

Cheers
Rich

Last edited:
Minor update, starter battery low voltage, might just be that as the van wouldn't start after I'd had the doors open faffing with it for maybe 45 mins max.

Now on charge will test tomorrow.

Ordered new Exide Ek950 as replacement, coming next week, fingers crossed that solves it as I'm stumped otherwise!

Ok, charged battery, reset all fault codes everything works apart from the van doesn't start, sometimes itll spin for a second and then die, sometimes nothing at all...? I've checked all fuses, wondering if it's ignition switch?

Ok update if I give it some lock left or right a bit it'll start and run for literally 1 second... Not immobiliser then, must be switch or steering lock?

Nothing in the last couple of months, last service probably June? It's not been touched since

Well done @RedUn for documenting the process.

And

well done @Spaghetti for spotting the miss placed fuse.

And

Well done @Loz for the Fuse card resources pictures in the VIP Download section.

These were used to compare the fusebox to and original fusebox to highlight the miss placed fuse.

I still wonder whether the low voltage shut them off, and a reset may have worked initially. Be interested to see how you get on with the 95aH battery.
Arriving later on this afternoon, thread update once its here and in... :thumbsup:

Well it arrived...voltage checked, plenty in there time to fit it..

Comparison to the original 70ah, 95ah is a decent upgrade, AGM vs EFB too... 20210913_165819.jpg

Time to get it in there, but of a tight squeeze but fits fine, cover no longer fits but that's for research another day. Coded in using OBD11 Pro, straight forward even for a coding novice such as myself.

20210913_170754.jpg

Will see how we get on now, see if the ambient light fault comes back, fingers crossed its solved!

Back