Identifying engine power output

Oldrat

Senior Crafter
T6 Legend
Without sticking the thing on a dyno, how could I check that a VW van was a 102/140/ 180 etc.
Ta

The codes on the sticker by the drivers feet

There will be some info somewhere on here as to that what each code means.

Pete

What I do know is that if the sticker says 75kW near the top then it's a 102

Pete

Output on sticker is in kilowatts so 107kw = 140ps and 150kw = 204ps

Thanks guys
I take it that you aren’t referring to the VIN plate sticker?3F17DB5B-C2BB-4F99-875A-7A3D33DA5FBC.jpeg

No, white paper sticker on the panel by the drivers feet

Pete

Love this forum for all the info I have learned and advice on offer. Really need some help now though!

I'm about to do 6 hour round trip with family to buy a van and having a few doubts.

Its listed as 204 DSG but on car check sites there seems some discrepancy on if it is 150, 180 or 204. Is there a way to tell definitely?

Really don't fancy dragging us all across country in this weather for nothing or worse buying something wrongly advertised.

What age is the van?

the 180 is only available on the early euro 5 (no ad blue)

Euro 6 204ps I think is equivalent of 150kw?

has the van been mapped?

good luck in your search

Love this forum for all the info I have learned and advice on offer. Really need some help now though!

I'm about to do 6 hour round trip with family to buy a van and having a few doubts.

Its listed as 204 DSG but on car check sites there seems some discrepancy on if it is 150, 180 or 204. Is there a way to tell definitely?

Really don't fancy dragging us all across country in this weather for nothing or worse buying something wrongly advertised.

Try this Get a Free Car BHP Check Instantly - Rapid Car Check
It showed the correct bhp of mine.

My remaining nag is that the badgework on back only refelcts tdi rather than bitdi.

Am I overthinking this?

Thanks everybody. After days of telling the family we are leaving at crack of dawn I had a wife glaring at me for fannying on and 2 excited kids (one of which had in his mind we were starting a road trip to Italy... Thats another adventure!) Jumping about!

Cheers!

Back