Identify this part 7H0129965 [Vacuum valves]

VanDamMan

Wanderer…Not lost..Enjoy life’s Journey
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hi All......Van has been playing up ....204ps 2018 kombi ...having cleaned engine bay with rubber/vinyl care in the past , it’s now dawned on me I may have contaminated these little filters ( see pic ) the only part number I could find is 7H 0129965.....is this the correct number
believe it’s part of the EGR system.......can any one Help

C1FC04C3-3F61-4A62-AD68-2F0A366EEA8A.jpeg7AE2FB43-38E8-4E72-A59B-35AA7C9C03F5.jpeg

It looks like it’s a filter for the vacuum system evidently for the EGR on a T5 although I think the EGR is electronic on the T6.

Last edited:
Those air filters are for the vacuum valves for wastegates and throttle body etc.

Hi all...

Update. Ordered 3 on back order...strange thing is that VWVC Liverpool have never changed any ever....so it’s not a service part but is classed as an Air cleaner...Your normal air filter when dirty can cause engine issues but gets changed every 1/2 years.. so can you imagine that these 3 filters do something and will get dirty ...so the air flow will get restricted and cause....well we just don’t know ?

but I’ve booked the van in....Hesitating when accelerating

Last edited:
those "filters" are vents for the Turbo and inlet manifold systems as mentioned above by @Loz .

and are not part of the regular service scheduled as they are not high flow for feed the engine directly, they are just vacuum/atmosphere vents . .

im not sure that new filters there will resolve your issue . . . ?

you could easy test your theory by just removing the filters briefly and going for a quick test drive . . .

wrap some blue rag loosely around them if was worried about dust being ingested . . .

and double check the 3x solenoid electrical connections . .

1599227248531.png

1599226848155.png

1599227010514.png

those "filters" are vents for the Turbo and inlet manifold systems as mentioned above by @Loz .

and are not part of the regular service scheduled as they are not high flow for feed the engine directly, they are just vacuum/atmosphere vents . .

im not sure that new filters there will resolve your issue . . . ?

you could easy test your theory by just removing the filters briefly and going for a quick test drive . . .

wrap some blue rag loosely around them if was worried about dust being ingested . . .

and double check the 3x solenoid electrical connections . .

View attachment 83932

View attachment 83930

View attachment 83931

Thanks... @Dellmassive ...May just be a red herring but if it helps others ...Don’t spray trim cleaner ( autoglym vinyl care ) on the filters When cleaning in the engine bay

The first time I lifted the bonnet and saw that lot I thought goodness who has cobbled this together :eek: For a short while I thought it might not be OEM but some form of lashed up mod it looks that bad.

The first time I lifted the bonnet and saw that lot I thought goodness who has cobbled this together :eek: For a short while I thought it might not be OEM but some form of lashed up mod it looks that bad.
yeh, its not pretty . . .

but required for the Bi-Turbo units. . . .

im sure they will rework it in future versions , , , , , , , if not to integrate it and make it cheaper and less parts and tubes.

UPDATE......

replacements arrived...so the parts guy reiterated that no one has ever changed them...seems odd when you compare new for old ...

5846F7C2-6879-4E2E-8F67-3BCEC4DB0331.jpeg

Hi did this fix your problem?
How much were they?
The engine seemed to breath better….but with any filter it gets dirty ( under bonnet does get a lot of dust ) so I’ll change on 2 year basis ..cost not cheap about £14 each…but I didn’t change the one deeper in the engine…..I’m no engineer but keeping filters clean must help the engine perform correctly…:)

On mine there are three on the bulk head as it’s the bi turbo.
Where did you buy yours from?

Back