ID Buzz

Over 200miles of range isn't enough?
100 miles a day is enough and charge at night at home. Even loaded they will do over 200.
I live in Brighton but have regular work just south of Northampton, VW says not to regularly charge to beyond 80% which birngs it closer to 200 miles and the range then drops if it's pretty cold. If I'm going up and back in a day I'll take the T6, If I'm staying over I can charge up overnight so I'll see how it goes. For all local work I'll be using the Buzz

I have charged my EV to 100% every day and after 3 years I didn’t see any change in range. The 20%80% charging rule is just crap. They already let you charge only 80% out of the 100% battery pack.
Charge it as you need it.
Cheers.

I live in Brighton but have regular work just south of Northampton, VW says not to regularly charge to beyond 80% which birngs it closer to 200 miles and the range then drops if it's pretty cold. If I'm going up and back in a day I'll take the T6, If I'm staying over I can charge up overnight so I'll see how it goes. For all local work I'll be using the Buzz
You can charge a Buzz from 5 to 80% in 30 minutes so you shouldn’t have a problem when you’re in Northampton.

We charge our iD3 to 80% in under 25 minutes and have never had a problem charging in 8 months.

You can charge a Buzz from 5 to 80% in 30 minutes so you shouldn’t have a problem when you’re in Northampton.

We charge our iD3 to 80% in under 25 minutes and have never had a problem charging in 8 months.
That's great to know, thank you.

Surely this depends on the output of the charger you use though?

Surely this depends on the output of the charger you use though?
Yes of course, but also the distance you intend to travel - you don’t have to charge it to 100%, just enough to get you to your destination (and contingency…)

Also something to bear in mind that on the road it can be expensive to charge - up to 0.50/kw where as at home we pay 0.075/kw (so £4.35/200 miles).

On the flip side we charged at 22kwh for free at a shopping complex. It’s also free at most larger Tesco’s but this is usually only 7.4kwh.

Not while there is a waiting list and delivery well into 2023.
Really? There were discounts available for the T6,1 in early 2021 when the waiting list extended well into 2022 (even into 2023 in my case).

Left the van for a service today and had a chat with the seller about the id Buzz.
Quoted for ID Buzz style on Business lease, 550 on 36 months deal. 6 month delivery time.

Spotted a Buzz MPV & the Cargo. Not sure on the rear door hinges on the cargo plus the load bay floor looks high…I’m guessing all those batteries underneath. There was also a T7 looking a bit lost in comparison to the fancy looking Buzz.
CA323DD4-F262-4DFA-BA90-3A3A2A983F8F.jpeg5A2781D2-0166-4876-AA6B-FFC2CBF4CA49.jpeg92C8C784-4191-441C-B8B4-846877996672.jpeg

Yes of course, but also the distance you intend to travel - you don’t have to charge it to 100%, just enough to get you to your destination (and contingency…)

Also something to bear in mind that on the road it can be expensive to charge - up to 0.50/kw where as at home we pay 0.075/kw (so £4.35/200 miles).

On the flip side we charged at 22kwh for free at a shopping complex. It’s also free at most larger Tesco’s but this is usually only 7.4kwh.
How to you get it at 0.075p/kW?

I don’t suppose there is any dealer discount on these yet?
These are sold on an agency basis - so basically they are being paid a very small intro fee by VW to sell. Not the standard discount system like on the Transporter. It’s very unfair on the dealer and this seems to be the way it’s all going, the T7 Multivan is the same. They just don’t have the money to give away at present - let’s see how that changes.

If you look on Autotrader the early ones are being advertised for quite a hefty premium. Whether they sell for that is another matter.

Back