I’ve just bought a ‘17 204 BiTi DSG. Have I done the right thing?!

J3AAY

T6 Pro
I’ve recently sold my late ‘17 ‘Velle Exec 150ps DSG in favour of a more practical Kombi. After missing out on a nice TSI, today I jumped on a very competitively priced ‘17 plate BiTi DSG with 42k on the clock. One owner from new, full VW SH.

Have I done the right thing?! I thought I’d read the 204’s are fine, and it’s just the older 180’s that had common issues?

My ‘Velle was horrific on fuel, so I thought the BiTi can’t be much worse.

Any info on fuel economy and reassurance I’ve made the right decision appreciated!

I’ve got a shopping list for it already!

IMG_7168.png

Surprised the ‘velle was that bad on fuel, our 2016 150ps DSG LWB T6 camper is pretty reasonable - gets about 36mpg on a long run fully loaded.

Surprised the ‘velle was that bad on fuel, our 2016 150ps DSG LWB T6 camper is pretty reasonable - gets about 36mpg on a long run fully loaded.
I get the same in my 2015 velle and regularly see 50mpg on a run

I think it could be the mostly B roads and lanes where I tend to drive. I do a little A road driving but not much. Very rarely a journey over 45mins or so on A roads. Over 2000 miles the computer tells me I’ve averaged just over 31mpg.

I’ve got a 2017 204bitdi that I bought with 95k on and it’s now on 124k after nearly 3 years ownership. Been fine, but I accept that it will need a turbo at some stage at these miles and that will be about £3k.
If you are worried then get one of the millers oil analysis kits done.

Thanks very much for the reply. The van has 40k on it, it’s had the same mature owners from new who have taken it to VW for everything. It’s never had an issue and doesn’t use oil (so they tell me, and to be honest I’m inclined to believe them). I’m happy I’ve taken the plunge on this one, I guess time will tell. Fingers crossed I’ve bought a good one!

Cheers

Hi

A little late now to worry, get in it and enjoy
Look at the big picture you could of bought a 2021 model with 12000 miles on it, next week it could be playing up
Its pot luck some times

Once again enjoy

Thanks buddy. Not strictly too late - I’ve put a deposit on it and collecting Sunday. If it was a categoric ‘don’t buy it they all go wrong’ I’d take the hit on the deposit. The good news is, it’s not all of them and many are great vans. Just hope mines one of those ones!

Back