Hum after switching off since having work done

oxocube

VIP Member
Hello
I had my DMF, clutch and Timing belt and pump changed last week and now every time i turn the van off there is a hum/whirl from under the bonnet for 30 seconds. Any ideas what this can be?
Cheers
Emma

There is an air controlled solenoid that operates the turbo. The N75 valve, sometimes called the 'moo' valve. Could possibly be this

Are you sure it wasn't doing it before you had the work done?
Several previous vehicles of mine have done it, including the van that has always done it.

It’s only started since the work has been done and definitely isn’t a moo sound. It’s like a small electric motor sound.

The EGR valve cycles a few times after shutdown.

Can you get a clip of it on your phone, and post a link here?

Last edited:
Reactions: mmi
Took it back to the garage and they said it’s the water pump for the heating system and perfectly normal ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Swear I’ve never had this noise before the work was done but they say it’s fine.

Here’s a video of the sound. I put some H7 headlamps in today to upgrade from the old H4 tea lights and I’m just not happy with this noise. Any ideas folks?

So this is normal? Even though I haven't gone anywhere, just switched the ignition on?
Doesn't have a Webasto Heater.

the hum for 30sec after key off is the AUX water pump over run ( location down under the radiator) - totally normal.

the intermittent "shucuuuk, shhhuuuk" sound is the EGR valve cycling after shut down, to aid cleaning (location down rhs of engine) - again totally normal.

the hum for 30sec after key off is the AUX water pump over run ( location down under the radiator) - totally normal.

the intermittent "shucuuuk, shhhuuuk" sound is the EGR valve cycling after shut down, to aid cleaning (location down rhs of engine) - again totally normal.

Cheers dude. I’ll stop putting my head under the bonnet and cursing now.

Dellmassive can I ask, as the water pump was replaced last week with the timing belt, why would it now be making a noise when it didn’t before this work was done? Does it mean it’s a faulty pump? Or it’s going to break? I just don’t get why I’ve never had this sound before and now it’s always there, when I’m driving too.

The mechanical water pump is normally replaced with the timing belt.(it's driven by the timing belt)

That's a normal procedure.

The electrical water pump is separate item and has nothing to do with the work you had done.

The sound are normal.

Id assume you just haven't noticed it before.

I'll get a clip from mine later if I can.

The mechanical water pump is normally replaced with the timing belt.(it's driven by the timing belt)

That's a normal procedure.

The electrical water pump is separate item and has nothing to do with the work you had done.

The sound are normal.

Id assume you just haven't noticed it before.

I'll get a clip from mine later if I can.
Ah I see thanks for clarifying. The sound comes on as soon as I turn on the ignition without the engine running. I know this sound had never happened before the work was done. I can hear it when driving too. I just think it’s odd that it’s loud all of a sudden.

Back