Hull To Rotterdam Ferry Booking

Shaun Witts

Ski Bus
VIP Member
T6 Guru
What are folk, who take their converted vans on this ferry route, stating as their vehicle type when booking ?
The price for a car with the same dimensions as my SWB is half of that for a van!

I've taken mine newcastle - Amsterdam and harwich to hook of holland, also dover calais (but not Hull to rotterdam).
Mine is a kombi but dummy glass in the rear quarters. My experience is that no one checks / cares except for length once booked ( and not too bothered on that?)
I think there is something around whether you sleep in it.

Used this route when we went to Iceland in the defender a few years ago, it was a 110 hard top (2 doors and no side windows) and I just booked as a car with no issues at check in. Using the same service again this summer with the T6, mine is a LWB Kombi and just done the same again.

What are folk, who take their converted vans on this ferry route, stating as their vehicle type when booking ?
The price for a car with the same dimensions as my SWB is half of that for a van!
I use that ferry at least once a year and have always paid as a car

Don’t book it on as a van, this assumes commercial use. Book on as a Motorhome. If you’re with the CCC, you might get an additional discount if you book through their foreign travel service.

Back