How've You Installed Your Solar Panel?

silly question @Davenjo - how did you manage to have just one cable to come through the SCA? very neat. Did you put the two together or was your panels output already the + and - gained together?

im looking to get the one deaky has, and it means two holes, two cable to control - unless i merge them together i guess..?
Sorry can’t help as electrics all fall under the “dark arts” category for me - all I can say is it works as I wanted it too

Capture.PNG
Anyone have a SCA 198? Im looking into finding some rails to fit the roof - if this would work.. and then fitting a plate like this onto which i could fix the panels? im not keen to glue them directly to the roof... Here in Switzerland it gets hot in summer and i would like to try to keep some cooling available to the panels..

Here's my setup on an SCA192. 2 x 100w rigid panels on the roof rails.

Just bought the same panel that @Davenjo linked to on page 1 from Batteries & Solar Ltd in Plymouth Welcome to Batteries & Solar | Off Grid Suppliers | Plymouth
I found the same panel as a kit from JustKampers who were selling it for £349 (which is already a saving on the list price) with adhesive and a controller but I didn't need these as I have a Redarc DC-DC charger that allows solar connection straight to it.
They got the price for the STPVF100 (Solar Technology PV Logic Flexi 100W) down to £300 delivered! A massive saving on the list £470 direct from Solar Technology.
They had the options of both white and black panels at that price.
If anyone needs a solar panel, give them a call. I dealt with Darren Wallace and Jonathan Millmore, both very helpful.
It just goes to show how much of a markup these things have if they can discount them that much.

I went for the solar technology 100w panel cable entry at the rear but with the mttp pro controller it came as a kit.. 1st class service and a 5 year guarentee on the panel... price was £440 delivered.20191026_112243.jpg 20191026_112243.jpg

more solar roof installs over here :

On my previous van I had cables from the top of the panel into a dual entry gland. They faced the direction travel, never had an issue with water coming in. Cables were relatively taught and the glands were fairly close to the panel. There was no slack in the wires that could get caught.

This time I’ve gone for a panel with the connections on the underside. There is a slight bulge in the panel where the cable box is underneath but it’s much neater. The panel then covers where the wires enter the roof.

I’ve also seen panels where the cables exit the top of the panel and are then tucked underneath the panel (in the gap created by the ribs on the roof) then the panel stuck over the top covering where the cables enter the van.
View attachment 19846
Hi Deaky, Can you tell me the make of this solar panel and what you think to it must be 200w+ ?

Hi Deaky, Can you tell me the make of this solar panel and what you think to it must be 200w+ ?
It was from photonic universe but I don’t know the actual make. It’s a 250w

Back