How To Slightly Lift The Sliding Door ? ( Its Manual, Not Electric)

andy greenwood

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Our van has been to Vw cleckheaton twice due to the sliding door scraping the paintwork, the problem has not been fixed and I can't be arsed taking it back to them again to be honest , I'd rather fix it myself if possible.
Can anyone please inform me how to raise it slightly to stop it scraping?

Post up and photo and I’m sure someone will recognise the problem (and hopefully offer a solution!)

Sliding door middle runner problems.....

see this thread it might something or nothing

the photo below shows the scraped off paint where the bottom of the door is catching, it is worse than I looks. I touched up an area about 1.5" long last month and it has started scraping again

Inked1_LI.jpg

I am planning on loosening the bracket and putting in a spacer to lift it slightly, I'm sure VW would not to do that but I don't know the correct way to do it ?

Inked2_LI.jpg

I have the same issue - going to loosen the bolts on the door (as shown with the yellow arrow) above, lift the door, and re-tighten.

Pete

Sliding door middle runner problems.....

see this thread it be might something or nothing
Sorry about font..........but if this Bolt on above thread is loose it might cause slight alignment issues..

Last edited:
I didnt mean leave the bolt loose, i meant loosen it so that i can get s spacer in , then re- tighten it
Oops misunderstanding ...the loose bolt on the “thread”....refers to the subject ( as in thread ) sliding door middle runner problems ..sorry that didn’t come across as intended :(

Oops misunderstanding ...the loose bolt on the “thread”....refers to the subject ( as in thread ) sliding door middle runner problems ..sorry that didn’t come across as intended :(
not a problem at all , a mis-understanding between us both :thumbsup:

I'm not sure the bottom slider carries too much weight?..id be looking to loosen off the fixings on the top hanger and lift it up a bit and re-tighten.

Back