How to disguise water-fill point

AndyNichs

T6 Pro
Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well?

I wonder if anyone has ever asked this question, but I'm not a big fan of the water inlet or electrical hookup magnetic caps that some companies put on the side of vans. I understand the reason why, but most conversions that are already complete have these on.

Has anyone found a way to disguise them or make them look less obvious?

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well?

I wonder if anyone has ever asked this question, but I'm not a big fan of the water inlet or electrical hookup magnetic caps that some companies put on the side of vans. I understand the reason why, but most conversions that are already complete have these on.

Has anyone found a way to disguise them or make them look less obvious?
You could put some graphics on the side of the van over the area in a similar colour to 'blend them in'

Know exactly what you mean and didn’t want that either. So my hookup is under the bonnet, out of sight completely. And for water I carry 2 x 10lt cans under the sink, so no external unsightly flaps to worry about at all

Mine has a non-gravity filler under the rear bumper, which avoids the cut out. Plus side is its very discrete. Potential downside is you need some water pressure to fill it, usually mains although i have 12v pump for when off grid.

Reactions: DXX
What @Mateus said, works well.
It is possible to use gravity to fill the tank if you have enough head to overcome the NRV spring rate, otherwise fit some cocks and a by-pass for the NRV.
Not all converters mess up the van body with the cut-outs, if you don’t want that don’t buy it.

Thanks for the comments. In an ideal world I would put the electrical hook up under the bonnet, but I guess the question was more around if I buy a converted van that has the electrical hook up and water inlet on the side of the van, how can I hide them to make them less obvious?

I think some sort of wrap or graphics might be the answer?

Back