How Old Are You?

I retired in 2020 at the age of 54.

I am retiring next week at the age of 58 …… unfortunately someone found out and has just offered me a job earning the same money doing three days a week ….. guess we will be calling it semi retirement

56 - made redundant at 49 and was planning a gap year - went back to work a year ago. I’ll work till SWMBO finishes (she’s a bit younger than me). My income should help get daughter through uni so she doesnt end up with too much debt!

54 for a few more months. I retired at 52 intending not to work again, but the current cost of living increase means I might have to get me a little extra income soon.

I’ve retired 3 times :think smile bounce:. Once at 57, once at 63 and finally at 67! I’ve turned down 4 jobs in 6 months. I really am done. But I am bored shitless during the week doings stuff i hate; gardening for example.

It's interesting to note how many people here have retired (or plan to retire) way before reaching State Pension age. We must be part of the group that the BoE Governor recently tried to blame for rampant inflation & rising bank interest rates, and the group that the government are trying to tempt back into the workforce to alleviate the alleged skills' shortage.

Retired at 58 ( 5 years back ) ….but love to watch the wife work…until she says…Oh!..you can help….so I man the pump and compressor …but on a part time basis

ps it’s not paid work

Life is what you make it…Enjoy:)

IMG_1938.jpeg

Back