How noisy should a regen be?

stupot

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all, after much head scratching with the help of the forum I established the annoying noise at idle was in fact a regen. However, it’s making a fair old whistling type noise when the regen is happening, it’s a bit intermittent but for the most part it sounds like wind in a tunnel (not dissimilar to a whining heater fan, which it isn’t). Question is, what does yours sound like? Is this normal?

There could be a leaking egr pipe which is more noticeable when on regeneration. Advice is to allow the regeneration to complete rather than repeatedly interrupting the process.

Agree with Paul, let it regen if the fans are running after the engine has stopped you've interrupted the regeneration cycle.

Check the EGR hard pipe at the back of the engine. Common issue for them to split on the corrugated section near the flange that bolts onto the exhaust side

Thanks both. I try to let the regen complete when I stop, until the revs drop back down. I’ve not yet checked for a cracked pipe so will do that next time I’m sitting waiting for the regen to finish

Back