How many miles are you getting from your 17” tyres?

LondonLad

T6 Guru
Hi All,
Be interested to hear what sort of mileage are people getting from their tyres?

I have fwd 150bhp with around 14k miles and the front tyres are getting toward replacement time.

What sort of mileage are others getting before replacing tyres?

I had 20k out of my Continental OEM tyres/suspension and they still had 6.7mm left on the front. Worn evenly too.

Last edited:
6.1 199 Kombi and now done 20K on continentals with OEM suspension and still quite a bit left with even wear.

14k out of my original set of Bridgestone fronts.

I really don't know how people can do 20k and only get through less than 2mm of tread, unless they are driving on grass

I'd had my Nokian Weatherproofs on for 24K and they had loads of tread left, they would have done over 35K legally but they started to get so noisy that I thought I had a wheel bearing going. I couldn't put up with the drone so I replaced them.

14k out of my original set of Bridgestone fronts.

I really don't know how people can do 20k and only get through less than 2mm of tread, unless they are driving on grass
I think the ContVanContacts are really hard rubber.

My last T5 4mot did 40k miles (yes that’s 40,000) miles on a set of Goodyear Cargo Vectors and there was still some life in them when I changed them. My current T6 4mot has done 18k on a set of Pirelli Cargos & they look like new, hardly any wear.

I guess that's the difference. 'Van' tyres will be for longevity over anything else, whereas my Caravelle came with SUV tyres as it's trying to be a 'car'.
Both the Goodyears & Pirelli’s we’re all season M&S, 3 peak rated. The van is a camper conversion & we take it to the Alps in winter skiing, and down to warmer climes in summer. I’ve not had any complaints with either tyres. I think the 4mot makes a huge difference, especially as the van is a 204ps DSG. So the power is spread out over all 4 corners.

I go through a set of tyres a year circa 15000 miles. I always change them before they are completely worn as I carry almost a ton of weight in my T32 4motion kombi. All tyres wear completely evenly due to the 4 motion which is nice.

I had the Conti Vanco 200’s since new and got about 15k on the fronts but have recently tried the Bridgestones but the wear looks about the same. I do a lot of motorway driving at 70mph (and a bit more sometimes)

Back