How long is a piece of string question

Shorts2000

Evening. How long should the volts stay at 14.9 when driving?

and should the charging volts be the same on the leisure battery as the engine battery at the same time ?

for info t6 beach around 1 degrees out side temp. Led lights on

Hey buddy. Need a little more info than that.

Leisure battery with depend if you van is EU6 using a DC to DC charger or EU5 using a split charge relay. Also is it an AGM or Lithium battery as a DC to DC charger will vary the voltage depending on battery requirements.

Also if it's EU6 the vehicle battery will change it's charge rate as it has a smart alternator.

Also. Why do you ask?

Sorry. The Van is an eu6 and the batterys are agm. Stop start is working fine

I ask as have noticed that when I am driving around the volts are 14.9 And don’t vary don’t know if it because it is cold ?

Sorry. The Van is an eu6 and the batterys are agm. Stop start is working fine

I ask as have noticed that when I am driving around the volts are 14.9 And don’t vary don’t know if it because it is cold ?
Are you having any problems?

The factory beach and ocean have a relay that operates with an engine run signal.
you will also have blue motion tech than should put the alternator into idle when everything is charged.
so if you are seeing max charge all the time, then either there is a lot of load or the battery monitoring module is possibly faulty.

@Shorts2000 in the near future I'd sack the crap factory charge relay off and install a DC to DC charger as it'll charge and condition the battery properly. The standard factory relay charge method is gash to be honest.

Sounds correct to me. Below approx. +5C charging voltage of T6 will stay (mostly) at 14.9 Volts (observed for more than 6 years now).
Great thanks good to know it has been around 0 to 1 c here and the auxiliary heater has kicked in, heat seats on and led head lights so cold and a big draw

Back