Battery problem

Archibald

T6 Pro
I’m a complete duffer when it comes to electrics so sorry if this sounds stupid. I’m staying away from home for work one or two nights a week at the moment, always in the van. Usually I stay at sites with hookup but not always but as I have a solar panel and I drive 10+ miles into work and back again I seem to get enough power for a fridge and ice box, a few hours of light and an overnight phone charge when not hooked up.

I had 5 days on the trot at home this weekend and accidentally left the fridge on. Went to start up this morning and my engine battery was flat and the fridge was off. I think it’s caused by the leisure battery running down as I had a suspicion of this once before. Should this be happening as I thought the leisure battery and the engine battery were supposed to be independent of each other? It also makes me wonder how useful the solar panel is because it looks like I lose all power if I haven’t been running the engine or been plugged in.

Can you tell us more about what components you have for charging the leisure battery, and any control panels ?
Photos of everything are good.

Pete

Back