how long does it take the bond to cure when fitting a rear spoiler?

dave_b

VIP Member
T6 Guru
going to fit mine tomorrow but not sure how long the bond takes to cure?
It's the black stuff purchased from THQ.

We always tape the spoilers up and leave them overnight. Perfect after this amount of time.

Mine was bonded and taped in place over night by the body shop. Don't need to screw it in to the body work

Is there any difference with the bonding times between the different colours black, white and clear?

Stuck my spoiler and bonnet protector on with tiger seal today which is similar to your product. Used gaffa tape to hold it for 6 hours then removed it I had only sprayed the spoiler 18hrs previously with 2k rattle can. Fully cured in 24 hours. Be careful with the bonding it goes everywhere easily. I used thinners to clean up joint and fingers lol.

How long does the boding take to grab? Is it within a couple of minutes?
The reason I ask is I'm ready to bond my rear spoiler on tomorrow but when sizing up there is a slight warp upwards in the middle so am wondering if it will grab fairly quick just by holding it or should I use some weights on top for a few hours?

How long does the boding take to grab? Is it within a couple of minutes?
The reason I ask is I'm ready to bond my rear spoiler on tomorrow but when sizing up there is a slight warp upwards in the middle so am wondering if it will grab fairly quick just by holding it or should I use some weights on top for a few hours?
I used a couple of 56lb weights overnight, probably a bit overkill!

Back