How Does The Double Front Seat Fold?

Loz

Admin
VIP Member
Whilst at Lake 86 yesterday, I was talking to a lass with a very tidy Bamboo Green Kombi conversion and she had the double front passenger seat.
She said she was told that the back can be folded down? She was able to lift seat cushion forward but we couldn’t see a release to fold the back down.

Q: does it fold? If so how?

There’s a strap to pull that releases the back and allows it to fold but if the van had a bulkhead from the factory then the seat won’t fold and will need a replacement hinge mech to get it folding

Fancy . . . . . .

Bulkhead, twin seat, no pull strap to fold here . . . . =(

What does the folding seat achieve?

I have just had a hinge unit fitted to the double front seat in my T6. This gave a more comfortable rake to the back of the seat, by about 10 degrees. This makes the seat much more comfortable than the standard 'Bulk Head' angle of the double seat.
In addition, this add on part, enables the seat to be folded forward towards the dash so that it is just about flat. This enables surfboards (ask me how I know...) to be carried in the back of a camper conversion, or indeed more easy passage from the back to the front when in motion...

I got the unit from Vankraft.co.uk
Graham from Vankraft installed the unit which I am sure most of you dudes on here would find very simple! : )
Its called a 'double passenger seat conversion'.
Based near Bedford.

Anyway, works for me.

Cheers
George

There’s a strap to pull that releases the back and allows it to fold but if the van had a bulkhead from the factory then the seat won’t fold and will need a replacement hinge mech to get it folding
Thanks, that explains it.. I'll tell her at the next SUP meet.

I have just had a hinge unit fitted to the double front seat in my T6. This gave a more comfortable rake to the back of the seat, by about 10 degrees. This makes the seat much more comfortable than the standard 'Bulk Head' angle of the double seat.
In addition, this add on part, enables the seat to be folded forward towards the dash so that it is just about flat. This enables surfboards (ask me how I know...) to be carried in the back of a camper conversion, or indeed more easy passage from the back to the front when in motion...

Graham from Vankraft installed the unit which I am sure most of you dudes on here would find very simple! : )
Good find. Thanks for the link

Based near Bedford.

Anyway, works for me.

Cheers
George

Just out of curiosity, would you know if the double folding seat in my 2016 Factory Kombi has the same rake as the fixed Bulkead non folding seat?
Would i benefit from the bracket you have quoted or did they make the Kombi version at a morecomfortable angle.

I don't know mate... but I would send Graham at Vankraft an email and see what you get back. He developed this bracket I think so should know.
Sorry I can't be more help. But its made our passenger seat much more comfortable.
Wont make it worse I'd say.
:)

Fitted the vankraft to mine, well worth the money (and your front seat passengers will thank you too) :thumbsup:

Received a mail back from Vankraft and he confirmed the above. The new bracket allows another 10° of rake on the factory Kombi bench too.
Looks like ill be dipping into my pocket again for T6 modding.....its never ending..lol

Is there a way to loosen or remove the backrest of the bench seat up front of my T6?

Is there a way to loosen or remove the backrest of the bench seat up front of my T6?
Have a look in this thread

Have a look in this thread

Had a quick read though. Im just looking to find a solution to install an isofix adapter without removing the seats or bulkhead.

Was hoping I could just loosen of the back rest to give me a little wiggle room

Back