RIB Altair 130cm seat base ratchet broken

Creamytash

T6 Guru
Hi all, has anyone experienced the ratchet for the seat base that folds out to break. The seat will fold out without releasing the ratchet handle. The broken ratchet won't allow the seat base to sit level, it droops down. Any advice on a fix, or where or how to get spares. I only got back last night and my intention is to unbolt the section of the seat cushion base to try and find what has broken. Any advice most welcome.
Thank you
Creamytash.

Hi all, has anyone experienced the ratchet for the seat base that folds out to break. The seat will fold out without releasing the ratchet handle. The broken ratchet won't allow the seat base to sit level, it droops down. Any advice on a fix, or where or how to get spares. I only got back last night and my intention is to unbolt the section of the seat cushion base to try and find what has broken. Any advice most welcome.
Thank you
Creamytash.
Contact A1 Campers in Peterborough. They have a huge stock of RIBs and maybe able to advise or point you in the right direction of sourcing a part/fix

I took the seat base out today and stripped the vinyl cover off and then the big foam cushion to expose the frame. What I found was that it's not the ratchet/lever system that broke but was in fact the weld that holds the ratchet system to the seat frame. I am lucky that I have very good mate who owns a company that makes sports car seats. I am taking it to him to repair/re-weld and he will put the foam and seat cover back on for me.

20231012_172604.jpg

Reactions: CJW
Back