How Do I Go About Fixing This?? Headlight Washer

CALLAKN

Electrician / Linesman
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hi guys, bought the van and this was already broken but didn’t realise... cba taking it back as it’s an hour each way.. and they’ll only send it a further hour away (2 for me) to the van dealer for warranty... I was going to bodge and simply screw it back with a pilot hole, (don’t care if I go through the water pipe) but maybe one of you have a better idea...

1EC25E26-5390-4309-B416-E77521C9EA00.jpeg
E0C77AD2-754D-45F7-BEAD-C903803F358E.jpeg

Don’t know if you can see, but the left plastic arm that holds the cap on has broken off.. this means every time it ejects to wash, on the way back in it doesn’t go in properly and it’s actually damaged and split the paint.

Well for me if I’d paid all that money for the van I’d be taking it back for them to fix, especially if it’s damaging the paint work.

Stopped in at the STEALERSHIP and handed over 66 hard earned notes, for the plastic washer arm to be delivered to mine... they wanted £130 fitted, wasn’t under warranty has its a “broken” part... and as fair as the paint is concerned... I’ll just wait till it peels badly in a few years and have it resprayed

I've taken mine off a couple of times when having paintwork done. They are a bit fiddly and only come off one way, and refit the same. You will see once you get your new one, but be really careful, because they break the tiny locating tabs really easily, as yours has done.

From memory, I think you flip them down before you can remove them, but the actual jet arm is under tension, so its a bit awkward.

I’m hoping to get away with just changing the end of the jet washer arm... save me taking bumper off? Either way I wasn’t paying £130 to have it fitted!

I’m hoping to get away with just changing the end of the jet washer arm... save me taking bumper off? Either way I wasn’t paying £130 to have it fitted!

I'm not sure if you need to remove the bumper. I cannot recall if you actual pipe disconnects at the head. Either way, make sure the pipe doesn't retract beyond reach.

Did it today, and genuinely was so easy! Didn’t even take long, tea was still warm from when I put kettle on and then started on the fix! Saves me £70 from the stealership to let them fix it

C68F2EAE-FF03-4ADF-A5FE-F251786575C0.jpeg

Back