How can I tell if the recorded mileage is genuine

Have you asked the dealer why there's a price disparity between the two vans? Might be that the more expensive one is being sold on consignment and the client set the price, or it's spec'd to the gills, auto, 204bhp, 4 motion, diff locks, kitchen sink... I would just ask the dealer; it's a fair question.

Regarding the clutch change, obviously it depends where the leak was, but definitely possible for an oil leak to contaminate the friction plate, so that side of the story stacks up.
Morning carl
Apparently the van was advertised wrong ie a panel van @£26.950 when I called he said the converted van would cost £3 k more when I questioned it the dealer said it’s because they are a good company. It’s a new conversion looks cracking hence my suspicions
Cheers Carl

The rust seems just superficial. And it shows how Superficial VW is.
My 2008 T5, after 13 years wasn’t not even close to that state.the rest of the parts in the image look pretty good Including bushing. Low mileage seems real by your description and image. Rust really depends on roads and usage.

I bought a caddy under 3 years old years back had 35,000 on the clock I took it to vw for some work and when I picked it up they said the van had been in for some work 6months prior to me buying showing 60,00 on the clock so obvs been wound back! Saying that I had the van nearly 9 years and was the most reliable thing I’ve ever owned and failed only 1 mot on minor issue!
The problem is I was the first to mot it so every mot mileage went with what was on the clock and there for no one but me and main dealer knew about it being clocked! I eventually sold it to wbac as I couldn’t sell it on privately knowing the truth!
It also had full service history (I thought) fully stamped book with vw main dealer in wales and when I spoke to them they said never seen van before in it’s life at least now it’s all online and less easy to fake I’m guessing?

Evening
I hope I can get a little advice from members ??
I am looking at buying a 2017 T6 with new conversion. Paid deposit but as we all know if it’s too good to be true generally is.
Mileage states 38500 but had a new clutch at 34000 and new cam belt and pump apparently due to an oil leak
It was un taxed for a year. Bit of underside rust, it’s about £7000 under real value.
My concern it it has been clocked how can i tell??
I'd also query the quality of the conversion. £30k for a new conversion sounds suspiciously cheap to me, notwithstanding the age of the base van. What's the spec of the base van & the conversion?

very hard to tell. I had a Vw Golf 4 1.9d. Done 150k miles in 2 years. All motorway. After I px it with another VW at main dealer, the car was sold at auction. It reappeared 2 months later with 30k miles and double the money I got for my PX. After bonnet and bumper repainted it looked like new. Inside was as it had just left the factory. I have seen incredible renovations to second hand cars nobody would believe.

Have a look at the genuine VW All-in plan. I got 2 MOT’s, 2 services, 2 years warranty and 2 years Roadside Assist for just over £30.00 a month.
Correct but it is for vans 6 years or less. This is probably to late.

I'd also query the quality of the conversion. £30k for a new conversion sounds suspiciously cheap to me, notwithstanding the age of the base van. What's the spec of the base van & the conversion?
Evening
The base van is 150 bhp manual converted by BCA group apparently they only do conversions for the trade??
Looks really good to be fair

Back