How are you storing your Service Records?

S A Watt

Hi Folks

Looking for some advice on servicing

I bought a pre reg 19 plate T6 camper in September 2020. The mileage was 300 and now has around 1500 miles

So in June this year it is due its 2 year service.

There is a 3 year warranty on the van as you will know

I want to use my own independent garage to do the service using VW parts but he advised that he can’t put the service record on line

Now I know that you can use independent to do service work so how do you get round this.

I want the warranty to be in tact.

Can I buy a service book and have my garage mark the book up and keep paperwork

Once the warranty is out I am not that concerned to be honest as I will keep paperwork but don’t want to lose a years warranty if this needs to be on the online. So it’s only one service.

If I have to have the first service done at a vw dealer have we a rough idea of what this should cost. The mileage will be under 5000 miles so I would imaging it’s pretty basic service.

Look forward to any advice

I bought a book from eBay for a few £’s before the 1st service and have had it stamped at both VW and Indi garages. From memory the 1st service was about £160 about 18months ago.

My VAG independent also entered the service details online... not 100% sure but thought this was on a VW portal as he mentioned needing an account to access it...

Keep the invoices and get a service book for them to stamp as well....

Ask for a detailed invoice for the service to be emailed to you regardless of if it is VW or Indie, You can then print them off for paper proof or have an online dated record.

Reactions: JOG
I think most of the dealerships have fixed price service menus these days which is re-assuring. They appear to have some good deals on service packages which include Mots too....maybe worth checking out. Our dealership will collect our car/van (I'm a bit more precious with my van now so I prefer to drop it off) and we are around 45 mins away so it just makes things easier and more convenient sometimes. :cool:

I`m sure a detailed Invoice from your Indie will be sufficient as proof of service. Just make sure they follow the service items required for that mileage/service.

Thanks for the responses

Do any of you have picture of the service book or a link to the ones you bought.

I saw one on ebay and says genuine book but when I contacted they advised to use the blue and white service book as this is up to date one. It does not show transporter in the models but they advised this is the one to use and it’s the same

Just wondered what book you guys are using to make sure right one.

Just wanted a little bit of advice if I could.

I have a T6 2019 van and as we know it comes without a service book. I want to buy a service book and use this to have my local garage mark up. I have seen a few on eBay but there seems to be green ones and blue cover ones and just want to check which one everyone is using. Don’t think either is ideal but which one is best.

I'm just keeping invoices as proof of my service history.
Don't think many VAG vehicles have had service books for a good few years now, my 2013 Audi A5 didn't have one nor the Mrs 2013 Audi Q5.

I think some people on here have bought VW service books to use but not sure if it the green one or the blue one. None are specific for the van but just wondered which one most are using.

I would get the first service (and first MOT) through your Main Dealer.
They may pick up warranty issues for you at the same time.
VW have a price promise, so haggle a bit when booking.

Local VWVC gives me a printed copy of the vans service history each time I get it serviced. Right through from pdi to most recent service.

Back