Honeymoon Phase?

I cleared the bed out today and went shopping for a van-load of tongue and groove cladding to finish the new man-cave. It handled the load magnificently. I feel like I should have bought a van years ago.

I traded in a Golf GT Mk7 DSG and the new van has a very similar dash, being highline. My only wish would be to dampen the cab noise a little.. on todays long run I found it a tad shrill and it bothered my tinnitus (too much raving 'back-in-the-day'). Are there any mods to quiet the cab area?

Otherwise I'm a very happy camper :)

I cleared the bed out today and went shopping for a van-load of tongue and groove cladding to finish the new man-cave. It handled the load magnificently. I feel like I should have bought a van years ago.

I traded in a Golf GT Mk7 DSG and the new van has a very similar dash, being highline. My only wish would be to dampen the cab noise a little.. on todays long run I found it a tad shrill and it bothered my tinnitus (too much raving 'back-in-the-day'). Are there any mods to quiet the cab area?

Plenty to quieten it down! What kind of T6 have you got?

Um.. it’s a T30 Highline spec, DSG 150, panel van now converted. 17” alloys.
Check for sound deadening, go round and knock the panels on the outside , sliding door, tailgate and rear quarters. If it sounds like a tin can, it's not been sound deadened so there's plenty to do, if it's a thud then that's a good sign and will require some investigation to see what's in there!

Really happy with ours too. Love how the 204 Caravelle effortlessly carries so many people with good power, no road noise and comfy seats. I’m happy with the twin turbos and 45MPG, the wife loves all the tech up front (heated seats, ambient lighting, CarPlay), and the kids love the double electric sliders.

It was expensive, but worth it! :D:D:D

Last edited:
Check for sound deadening, go round and knock the panels on the outside , sliding door, tailgate and rear quarters. If it sounds like a tin can, it's not been sound deadened so there's plenty to do, if it's a thud then that's a good sign and will require some investigation to see what's in there!

That was a good shout RedUn.. dull knocks every panel rear of the front doors, and tinny knock from the front two.
Also peeked under the front cab Matt and only some thin foam that I can see.

So, my plan will be to get the front door panels off, the seats out and floor up and apply some of that silver sound deadening stuff that I saw Deaky used in his ‘journey’ thread. That’ll be a start :)

Thanks!

That was a good shout RedUn.. dull knocks every panel rear of the front doors, and tinny knock from the front two.
Also peeked under the front cab Matt and only some thin foam that I can see.

So, my plan will be to get the front door panels off, the seats out and floor up and apply some of that silver sound deadening stuff that I saw Deaky used in his ‘journey’ thread. That’ll be a start :)

Thanks!
The front doors will always be like that they are double skinned so you can sound deaden the inner skin (improves the speakers too) but it'll still sound tinny on the outside!

Might be worth having a look to see what insulation has been fitted over the sound deadening, sliding door panel is nice and easy to get off to have a nosey behind!

Naughty naughty....very naughty!

Back