Home CCTV kits

Been pondering over a CCTV purchase for quite sometime and Eufy is on my radar. Was there member discount still available?

Last edited:
Hey guys, thought I would chime in on a few of the comments above. (just clocked that pun before I posted this :p)

First off with the mention of battery powered, we have predominantly been dealing in wired (which is always the most reliable and professional option) but could ignore the need for this no more, appreciating some want/need the simple option and are happy with the level of protection provided (with the technology ever improving).

After extensive research, following on from the popularity of Ring Doorbells with a strong call for a battery doorbell offering (we bought in a few rings to trial) we have just added to our site a few of the EUFY products. The doorbell and pro cameras have all won 'best of awards' with an incredible 6 -12 months battery life. What's best about EUFY though is, after buying the one kit with the Homehub 2 - you can then simply add other devices as (addons) - such as a doorbell or alarm sensors, if you already own a camera kit and vice versa.
EUFY NOW LISTED HERE
View attachment 101529

Unlike ring etc where you have to pair the bell to your existing wifi (always fun and something you'll likely do more than once), the home hub plugs into your router to create it's own wifi purely for it's own devices. What's more it also features 16gb of onboard storage (soon to be expanded by USB I'm told) so you have no ongoing subscription fees plus it has an inbuilt speaker so it acts as the doorbell chime also - A 3 in one win over Ring!

Oh yeah the above EUFY products are 2K or 4 megapixel which is more than enough - don't be duped into buying the cheapest 4k kit you can find on Amazon for these reasons:

4K CCTV: The marketing bandwagon producing poor CCTV cameras

The thing to note with all of the above however is all cams will be the ultra wide angle option, so meant for low down near range (ish) use and as ever wireless has it's limits so for bigger properties, you want proper mostly wired IP tech (ie Hikvision).

Ad
I think this amazing information. Thanks @amdowney. This option is indeed an attractive one and i will look to purchase this kit if we decide not to run a power cable into the garage, which could then offer me the better solution. Its all about cost! Thanks once again for your help - and that goes out to everyone else who have shared their set-ups. Appreciated.

Our house has 7 cameras a combination of POE hikvision and nest cams with another nest to fit this weekend. The problem is sometimes your better off not knowing, once you start looking you quickly become paranoid about everything and everyone :oops:

That's the best price I've seen on the Eufy system so far, very tempted.

Last edited:
We have just put live a promo that runs until the 14th from EUFY - cheapest you'll find on these few lines for currently (can't do better with this promo running as the margin is VERY thin - PM me if one is not live however after).

EUFY integrates now with ALEXA and Google Home.

Guys - I'm looking at going down this route too. SWMBO wants something akin to the RING doorbell.............a couple of months ago, some little b*****d, I mean, "poor, misguided urchin" had the spare wheel off her Discovery that was parked on our drive. I've been on to the website this morning to have a look and had a useful online chat with their pre-Sales support bods..........honestly, no question is too stupid.

So, the upshot is that I've emailed them about a dozen pics of the house and garden with a little sketch of the property showing where the pic was taken etc. (In these lockdown times, it's basically as close to a "virtual survey" as I could get!) I've popped these off to the Sales team to have a look, ask questions and propose some options.

For me, I like the lack of "sales pressure"; some positive feedback I've read on here about Adam's company, particularly the aftersales support; and, the fact that it could be putting some business in the direction of a forum member especially during what must be a crappy trading period.

Like it or not, when we come out of this Covid period, home/shed/garage burglaries are going to increase. (Well, that's my cynical opinion!!!)

I'll keep you posted.

@amdowney - I've registered the point you've made above about not being able to better the promo prices and I'm not looking to squeeze your margin any further :cool:

Little update on my x2 camera Eufy purchase, delivery and customer experience spot on. Installation an absolute breeze and well thought out by Eufy.
Integrated with Google Home (for now) and Home Assistant is coming very soon as this is still being developed.

No negatives and certainly no regrets!

Last edited:
Please PM me if anyone else is interested in EUFY products as we do have a few in stock we can do at the offer price still, even though the offer is not live online currently ;-)

Please PM me if anyone else is interested in EUFY products as we do have a few in stock we can do at the offer price still, even though the offer is not live online currently ;-)
@amdowney can you recommend any site / YouTube video / whatnot that shows me what settings I need to play with in order to sharpen up my HikVision 8MP turret cameras? I get a lot of ghosting - both day and night - and no amount of fiddling seems to sort it

@amdowney can you recommend any site / YouTube video / whatnot that shows me what settings I need to play with in order to sharpen up my HikVision 8MP turret cameras? I get a lot of ghosting - both day and night - and no amount of fiddling seems to sort it
Hi can you please email support@cctvkits.co.uk with sample shots so we can take a look please... (as well as order details and model nos etc)

I have nothing but good things to say about these Eufy units (and the service that @amdowney provides). Whilst our T6 has been secure since we have had it, we have picked up some incidents unrelated to our van, that are proving to be very useful for local police. Great clarity on my Eufy kit, and peace of mind too.

I have nothing but good things to say about these Eufy units (and the service that @amdowney provides). Whilst our T6 has been secure since we have had it, we have picked up some incidents unrelated to our van, that are proving to be very useful for local police. Great clarity on my Eufy kit, and peace of mind too.
Hi Dan,

I am glad to hear it working effectively and as it should!

Ill pass on the positive comments.

Many thanks,

Callum

Eufy have a special offer on until 22nd June, 2c + hub setup down from £229 to £149.....just ordered mine with free postage. Be quick, superb little system

After using Eufy Solocam S40 camera in my garden for ages, I decided I wanted another one for a different area of garden and decided I'd buy another S40 camera because I'm very pleased with it and want everything in one app.

So, I was about press "buy now" and it turns out that at £199 for the camera alone it is much cheaper to buy this as a bundle at £164 which gets a Eufy Solo indoorCam P24 in addition to the S40.

So, this saved me £35 and gave me a free indoor camera that I didn't think I wanted! (Sorry Greta!)

Anyway, it turns out that the P24 Indoor Cam (that I didn't need) is flipping awesome! It zooms and pans and follows movement automatically and I couldn't help but wish I had a use for it.

Then I thought..... hang on! I have a stupidly overpriced van that I've made look rather appealing to the run of the mill vehicle thief!

The camera runs off a micro-usb cable, so I threw it on my dash and plugged it into a usb/fag socket plug.

It captures everything with amazing clarity and it's amplified sound and great video quality shows me 360 degree coverage.

For me this includes the view out the front windows and windscreen which I really wanted..... I just didn't know it! An additional bonus is that the camera provides full 360 degree of the interior for when van is unattended.

I made up a wedge so that the camera sits flat(ish) when placed on the dash but even before I did this it is still brilliant!

Only thing is that the night-vision needs to be off to avoid glare if you're wanting to look through the windscreen, but I have security lights in the area so if there's any movement at night I'll capture it in full colour........ unless of course it's raining!..... I'm sure burglars don't work in the rain! :think smile bounce:
If it turns out they do, then I'll see them enter my van and steal it!

Final note:
Due to having solid 4G Wi-Fi in my van, this is a good failsafe CCTV as my other CCTV cameras use my home Wi-Fi. With a mixture of both I have some additional protection and I saved £35 and got this for nowt! Whoop!

Last edited:
It’s surprisingly easy to rig isn’t it :thumbsup:

We too have a hidden camera in ours, very reassuring and not expensive, but you don’t need the highest spec to get a decent pic at that range.

B374084D-521B-4F6A-BD51-50FDD645BAE2.jpeg

Back