Holes In Wheel Arch Help

Davidh

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all! I'm new to this whole van thing and I'm planning to convert myself so at the early stages. Anyway I started taking out the ply lining the tradesman had fitted for his shelving and noticed he had used self tappers into the wheel arch itself. What's the best way to fill and seal these holes? Or is there a double skin here and I don't actually need to worry about it. Many thanks in advance.

15699535003398335230732413759767.jpg

I saw on one thread the owner had filled with blind pop-rivets. You can get steel rivets (to avoid dissimilar metals) but they are hard to ‘pop’ with a hand riveter. I’d dip the rivet in dinitrol / waxoil before fitting.

I think this is the easiest way to fix. Weld up, grind and paint would be the OCD fix.

Ian

Had the same problem with a transit years ago. I de-burred, primmed then put a patch of denso tape underneath and filled the hole with paint. If you haven't come across denso tape it's awesome. A very heavily impregnated cloth that can be massaged onto anything and it sticks forever but can be peeled off. totally waterproof and won't fall off or be washed off under a wheel arch.

Had the same problem with a transit years ago. I de-burred, primmed then put a patch of denso tape underneath and filled the hole with paint. If you haven't come across denso tape it's awesome. A very heavily impregnated cloth that can be massaged onto anything and it sticks forever but can be peeled off. totally waterproof and won't fall off or be washed off under a wheel arch.
I saw on one thread the owner had filled with blind pop-rivets. You can get steel rivets (to avoid dissimilar metals) but they are hard to ‘pop’ with a hand riveter. I’d dip the rivet in dinitrol / waxoil before fitting.

I think this is the easiest way to fix. Weld up, grind and paint would be the OCD fix.

Ian
That's great thanks, a few people have mentioned dinitrol so going to look into their products. Not quite OCD enough to weld.

Back